Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for help in selecting your perfered colors of lure/fly to the water for clear, stained, and muddy water?

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
I prefer darker colors in stained or muddy water-naturals, browns, blacks.
In clear water I prefer light colors - white, yellow, chartruese.

·
OG LOKE
18,957 Posts
ePiC said:
I prefer darker colors in stained or muddy water-naturals, browns, blacks.
In clear water I prefer light colors - white, yellow, chartruese.

Very True...but i think you can mix it up too....
Stained water : Spinnerbaits go with a gold blade and a white/chartruese skirt

Jigs go with one that has a rattle too...try colors with both light and dark in the skirt...i like to use a color called peanut butter & jelly

[b]Clear water[/b]: Spinnerbaits go with a chrome blade with a white skirt [img]
Crankbaits i use natural patterns (crawfish..shad...baby bass) and i throw ones that do not have a rattle.[img]http://rs.tacklewarehouse.com/tac/ProductImages/LCFATBD-ABS.JPG
Jigs go with natural colors like shad...or crawfish...

All of these will work depending on the weather conditions/cloud cover etc...but thats another whole topic :)

Hope this helps :)

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So the clear the water the more chrome and ther more natural the color of the bait. The muddier the water the more gold and hot colored baits. How would you rank the colors pink, and purple to the water conditions?

·
OG LOKE
18,957 Posts
i don't know about pink...but some people on various bodies of water SWEAR by a lilttle purple on their lure....be that a purple stripe...or purple flake...Table Rock lake in Missouri is a good example of this.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts