Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am brand new to fly fishing. Literally I have been on the water twice. This still hasn't stopped me from spending all of my money on gear. I have noticed in my search for gear that there are many reputable manufacturers of various fly fishing gear that are local. I for one love supporting local and thought I would start a thread on local fly fishing gear (or any fishing gear really.)

So far I have purchased a hip pack from fishpond (blocks from my office, Denver) and a Ross reel (Montrose, right?). What are some other local brands I should check out?

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Every weekend @ the intersection of Wadsworth and Ken Caryl there are signs out indicating fly fishing stuff for sale. Kinda like yard sale signs accept they are out every weekend.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wright & McGill/Eagle Claw in Denver & American Rec/Boulder for camping products
CPW held a fly fishing course on Saturday and Wright & McGill donated like 50 rods so people could learn to cast with them. I don't know the deal specifics but it seemed pretty stand up to me.

Great thread everyone. Support local when you can!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts