Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

colorado bass fishing

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Jason in Aurora 
Not exactly a fly for fly fishing, but this is probably the sweetest looking dragonfly immitation bass lure I've ever seen:
http://www.tackletour.com/reviewriver2seadragonfly.html

Haven't tried it myself b/c my main weeded lake where I'd like to really put it to the test (used to have tons of big dragonflies living on weedbeds), is now chalk full of water, with no emergent weeds (or dflies), and has been fishing about as well as my kitchen sink this year so I've held off. 

Most of my bass the past month have come on 4-6" grubs and skirtgrubs painfully slow-crawled and hopped in deep water with heavy weights and beads, no topwater love.  Shad are taking over the planet but can't get anything to bite a spinnerbait, spoon, traps or any other shad immitating lures and it's driving me nuts.  Hoping that will all turn around with the upcoming seasonal change...  Anyway, sorry to digress, good luck with the flies and tight lines to all!   

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.