Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can somebody please slowly and clearly explain the format for this contest.

My Questions are:

Do you have to fish in the marina area or can you fish the entire North Shore?

Do you have to move locations after each set?

Does each set winner get $ 642.00? In other words can a team win $ 642.00 for each of the five sets?

Is the big fish pot a total day event or set based?

Last whats the deal with shooting baskets?

Kind of a quirky contest, but if I'm reading the rules correctly has one of the best payouts in the state. Basically, the only thing I understand about this contest is the day is based on (5) 1 hour sets with a twenty minute break in between.

Thank you for your in depth details.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I've fished this tourney in the past and in my opinion it is a joke. You are correct there are 1 hour sets that pay prizes. You must fish in the North Shore area. Old Mr Crabby Pants AKA Larry blows a horn to start the set prizes are paid for the first fish and the biggest fish during the set. At the end of the set your supposed to shoot baskets. Soon after the horn blows again and it's back to fishing for the next set. The big fish pot is for the entire day.

The biggest problem with this event is the cheaters. I have witnessed people fishing during the break and running to turn their fish in as soon as the horn sounds to get the 1st fish prize. I Watched a guy hide a fish behind his hut during the break and as soon as the horn sounded he picked up the fish and ran it to the weigh station to claim his prize.

When I told Larry about the incident he said it was my word against his and I should go back to fishing. I stopped fishing Larry's 11 Mile tourneys after waiting in line for an hour to be herded through his store to register, seeing no enforcement of the rules, and looking at the amount of money kept for profit.

Just my 2 cents

FC

·
Registered
341 Posts
Thanks for this info FC. Does anyone else have more experience info on this tourney. I wanted to go but if its that rigged then whats the point. And what area is considered "North shore", the whole north shore?

I put up another post asking ice conditions, it is supposed to get very nice into the 60's on 2-3 days, that is an ice killer. If the ice does go bad from now to start will he refund? Flyer says NO REFUNDS for any reason. ??? ???

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Fly Chucker said:
I stopped fishing Larry's 11 Mile tourneys after waiting in line for an hour to be herded through his store to register, seeing no enforcement of the rules, and looking at the amount of money kept for profit.
you aint the only one...there are too many other tournaments where the people sponsoring them are genuinely glad to see you there,and treat you as such....

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I was going to fish the tourney, But after reading the posts I'll just wait till Aurora has there spring tournement instead!

·
Registered
24,509 Posts

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
NIce report Zman,
Your post has me changing my mind! Maybe I will go if I can find a partner! Any interest from anyone that would like to go?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts