Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was watching In-Fisherman last night on the Sportsmans channel and was suprised to see a commercial for the Colorado DOW. Lots of elk and plenty of bugling/fighting bulls while the comments tell of bull over the counter non-resident tags. Obviously I have seen plenty of commercials for hunting and fishing paid for by tourism boards, but I have never seen one done by a state game and fish organization.

I understand the positive effects of non-resident elk hunters, I live in a town that turns safety orange every fall, but it seemed kind of odd that the DOW would be paying the money to run commercials on national tv.

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
FishLip said:
I was watching In-Fisherman last night on the Sportsmans channel and was suprised to see a commercial for the Colorado DOW. Lots of elk and plenty of bugling/fighting bulls while the comments tell of bull over the counter non-resident tags. Obviously I have seen plenty of commercials for hunting and fishing paid for by tourism boards, but I have never seen one done by a state game and fish organization.

I understand the positive effects of non-resident elk hunters, I live in a town that turns safety orange every fall, but it seemed kind of odd that the DOW would be paying the money to run commercials on national tv.
I've seen em before for Nebraska, Wyoming and Texas. All while watching fishing shows though.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Yeah, they are spending BIG "bucks" trying to get back all those lost out-of-staters they have lost. The heavy ads will run through the first of April (BIg Game draw deadline Apr 5th ::) ) ...then they will taper down. I am mixed about it, I know all the businesses and the state need theri $$, but I am greedy and want all the animals! ;D

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I've seen a number of the DOW commercials. I approve. They portait our lifestyle very well with a good message. Certainly lets the egg suckers know that our dollars support a good chunk of the economy, and support wildlife and the habitat instead of disney's/Hollywood's version of us sportmans just wanting to kill stuff.

Even though NR's have definitely invaded a few of the drainages that I've hunted for years, I went deeper into the woods and had a great experience. I'll leave the road hunting to the flatlanders. That way I get the experience I want, and hopefully they get what they came for. Hopefully they gas up here, eat out, rent at the local establishments. I can't prop up the local bar by myself ;) ;D.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I am with you HEAVYC I am greedy and dont want all those damn out of state hunters here. I am NOT in favor of these commercials. I understand the reasoning behind them but that does not mean I have to like it

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
broncofan said:
I am with you HEAVYC I am greedy and dont want all those damn out of state hunters here. I am NOT in favor of these commercials. I understand the reasoning behind them but that does not mean I have to like it
:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts