Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would it take to organize a Colorado Fisherman swap meet? I think it would be a cool idea to have a swap meet/ flea market type thing on a staurday or sunday. People could buy and sell all kinds of smaller items that they've aquired over time and are tough to sell via ebay or in want ads.
If anyone's ever been to Velo Swap (for bicycles) i was thinking something along those lines. Sellers would rent table space and set up their things for sale. Businesses could also rent table or booth space and blow out overstocks or slow moving items.
Ken, any thoughts on this?

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
sounds like a great thing i used to find all sorts of cool stuff at the boat swapmeets in san diego

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Sounds like a great idea. When I belonged to the Colorado Mountain Club we had a swap meet every year. It was free to all members (free to all our registered members?) and a great way to buy/sell climbing, hiking, and camping equip. Anyone know of a clubhouse, church basement, etc. where we could do this, (provided we get the powers that be to sanction this of course)?

·
Registered
11 Posts
hey road kill, you must mean Kobe swap meet. That place was awesome. Anyway I think it would be a great idea. I would definately try to buy stuff from fellow fisherman than give my money to the big corporations.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
nope i didnt like that one to many bussiness type sellers i prefer garage sale type sellers and the santee and the old arrow swapmeets were far better for that

there are home built on the site of the arrow but i think the santee swapmeet is still around

·
Registered
14 Posts
"Miser Swaps" as in Mountain Miser at Hampden/Broadway? I didn't know they were closing.

Im trout of here said:
We could always do it at the Miser Swaps, oh wait, they're closing.

No, its sounds like a great idea. I would love to pick up some cheap (er?) gear.

B

·
0 Posts
there is a swap meet at the budweiser events center in loveland on april 2nd bernie

·
Registered
529 Posts
Check the Announcements/Events section on this site as there is a post by Ken on the one in Northern Colorado April 2nd Bernie just mentioned.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts