Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how has the website improved your fishing .....For me this website has been added to my arsenal of fishing tricks....Ive learned new baits to try (shrimp,ivory soap hahah) and got onto a few new fishing holes i otherwise wouldnt have known about ...Im really looking forward to trying one of the high mountain lakes that slayerfish and other people have talked about ....This website is great to chat with other fisherman but is a priceless tool also ......so how has it helped you guys ?

·
Registered
594 Posts
The most important thing I have learned is to match the leaf count on the trees in the background of photos to the season you claim you caught the fish...VERY important!!!!!
left_turn56

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It has help me get through the day at work and stay at work longer when I'm on this site.  Sometimes after reading a report, it makes me leave work early just to go fishing... Has happen a couple of times.

Also, has help me find new fishing holes that I've never heard of and get answers to questions that I have been asking myself for years, "Am I the only one getting skunked?"  The answer to that is "YES."

I've opened up on lure fishing.  My GF was complaining the other day how much I have spent on new lures.  They are still in their original packing.

·
Registered
943 Posts
dont worry you are not the only one getting skunked around here. the stench is horrible around me ;D

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
left_turn56 said:
The most important thing I have learned is to match the leaf count on the trees in the background of photos to the season you claim you caught the fish...VERY important!!!!!
left_turn56
yeah and dont F with WE he remembers where he left the dead bodies!!

i dont think he works in the morgue!

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
roadkill said:
yeah and dont F with WE he remembers where he left the dead bodies!!

i dont think he works in the morgue!
Topic Buster!

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
well i did score 1 heck of a deal on a trolling motor off a tip from fishingkats!

and got some good insite into a few lakes

and am working toward some fishing trips with new buddies

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Good question fishinguitar. I've thought about that myself. I'd have to say that it has gotten me to think more about fishing for warm water species more than ever before. I'm exclusively a trout guy - moving water when it is, hardwater when it's not. Don't know diddly about fishing from a boat on a lake. Or how to catch a carp or a pike (sounds like I'm not alone here ;)). I may have to try to go get some bass one of these days but, darn it all, the trout sure do live in beautiful places........

·
Registered
144 Posts
There's nothing like a big, hard-fighting rainbow on the end of your line at a quiet, uncrowded mountain lake. However....

This is our first year going after bass and I seriously doubt we'd be having as much fun or success without the tips and advice from several members here. Thank you, again!!

Also, kudos to "Bigbrown" and "Don in Denver" for helping us to get started in ice fishing last year. We had a great winter and we're looking foward to doing it again. Should be great with all the ice fisherman on these boards.

:) ;) :D ;D

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have only been here a very short time but, I have bought a boat on here and certainly have caught a few fish I wouldn't have, had I not bought it.

·
Registered
636 Posts
What I learned most from this site is that catch and release fishing is the way to go. I always used to keep all the keepers I caught (and did always eat them) but now I only keep a few. It feels good to put them back alive.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
I've learned WHERE TO FISH. Since I'm pretty new to Colorado I searched for tons of information on lakes here, I have even headed to lakes that have been dried up for 2 or 3 years. The reports section of this forum is an incredible asset.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
yeah nothing like getting to your new lake and only finding pasture that sucks

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
roadkill said:
yeah nothing like getting to your new lake and only finding pasture that sucks
Hahah after a 2 hour drive non the less... Luckly Blue lake was only 30-40 mins farther.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I've learned a lot on this forum. Met some great folks and engaged in some great discussions.

One of the things that I felt was missing from Colorado fishing was an online interactive format where we all can share info, pics, fishing places and stories.

Its very encouraging to see a lot of diversity as far as species and types if fishing on the CF forum. There's a lot more to Colorado fishing than just stocked trout.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts