Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Next week I'm going to be in Colorado and I want to do some fishing. I'll be going to some of the lakes west of Longmont.
Can anyone give me some info on what kind of bait/lures I should use? Also how much has it snowed so far and will the lakes be frozen this time of year? What kind of fish and how big will they be in those lakes?
Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
936 Posts
I've never fished there but its going to be a trout lake if there is anything in it. You might want to bring your ice fishing rods though.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Fern Lake in RM nat'l park? small fish, bring your auger...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Fern Lake in RM nat'l park? small fish, bring your auger...
That's the plan.
Is anyone going to contribute some useful information? Just to settle all the "I know everything because I got my hunters ed card and took a first aid class once" My friend and I have survival training (his is military) and are both paramedics. This isn't our first rodeo.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Is anyone going to contribute some useful information? Just to settle all the "I know everything because I got my hunters ed card and took a first aid class once" My friend and I have survival training (his is military) and are both paramedics. This isn't our first rodeo.
Hard to tell if I'm reading this wrong and you're making a joke or you are actually being an *******...

Useful info already stated:
There will be ice, bring an auger
Small fish most likely trout
Watch out for bears, especially if you're on your period :biggrin1: (which is why you might be sticky)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hard to tell if I'm reading this wrong and you're making a joke or you are actually being an *******...

Useful info already stated:
There will be ice, bring an auger
Small fish most likely trout
Watch out for bears, especially if you're on your period

half joke half *******. It would be nice to get more detailed info. Small fish is useful. The rest is just common sense. I live in a cold climate where temps reach -30. And it's the rocky mountains of coarse there will be bears along with other dangers.
I'm just tired of people that post replies like everyone else is an idiot....(every forum has one or 20)

(the meme's are funny though lol)

Attachments

·
Registered
16,630 Posts
Itll be frozen solid. No bait in RMNP. Rifles in RMNP? Bwahahahaha-

·
P I K E
10,116 Posts
I'm just tired of people that post replies like everyone else is an idiot....(every forum has one or 20)
LMFAO!!! whyamisticky meet dallasdb, dallasdb meet whyamisticky! :thumb: rumor has it dallas likes to get sticky too!

Use this link to find the lakes in the area you want to go to, click on the stars for info on those lakes with rules & regs! Good luck and have fun, watch the guns in RMNP and welcome to Dallas's playhouse!!!
http://ndismaps.nrel.colostate.edu/index.html?app=FishingAtlas

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
more detailed information. Like what exactly to use? That kinda information. Not like don t fall in the water. It's wet and cold?!? Have you ever fished before? Because if you have they're really isn't much mystery to a small trout lake

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Arent bears hibernating by now?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts