Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
P I K E
10,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a while since I've put up a report, I've been on OT at work since last Feb so my fishing trips have been few...very few! Yesterday I grabbed colonative since he's been stressed from his busy schedule and we headed out to one of our favorite places to DE-stress and just have fun. We pulled in about 7:30am and headed to our 1st spot with water temps right around 56 degrees and water actually pretty clear, visibility about 4 feet. Colonative 1st on the board with a nice MRT about 15 inches which we both thought was a nice little pike the way it stayed down and thrashed and didn't come up until it was at the boat, back it went! I followed up a lil later with a 20+" pike that hit like a 5# sledge, thought it was a lot bigger! This pike took my bait at about 6' and took it straight down into the weeds, rolled around and brought a couple lbs in with it...got the morning heart pumping for sure! We moved around a lil more with nothing else happening so on to the next couple spots. We pulled into my favorite spot where we both hooked onto a couple more hammerhandles between 10"- 20" that were all hitting like freight trains, all were coming in with the baits sideways in their mouths and just thrashing like this was their last meal...was a ball!!! At one hole I cast out, slow retrieve, jerk, pause...BAMMMMM!!!! Fish took my bait about 15' out from boat 8' down and took off straight down to bottom of 12' depth, I'm trying to follow my line and all of a sudden I see a green missile heading for the surface! This pike came clear out of the water full body length and did the Tarpon dance across the surface about 10', a thing of beauty!!! Back down again then straight back up one more time like a stripper swinging from her pole...not once, not twice but 3 times!!! Finally got him to the boat but wanted no part of the net, did the death roll, straightened out, kept diving! Colonative finally stabbed for the head with the net and got him nabbed and in the boat. Ended up being a 32" bull with a set of shoulders and big ole set of jaws to match, healthy beaut for sure!!! It was a show watching this fish Tarpon dance across the water the way he did, not many put on quite an act like that...I wanted to start shoving dollar bills in it's gills!!! Colonative ended the day with 3 total, one MRT and 2 small pike. I ended up with 6 pike total between 10"-32" with a lot of follow ups by lil hammerhandles and a chit load of lil slimers. All fish were returned with a few ripped lips!!! The weather was beautiful with a slight breeze all day with final water temp at 59 degrees. Was defiantly a fun day on the water but the drive home up I-25 sucked big time, bumper to bumper with accidents all the way home especially up Monument Hill...every idiot in the state was on I-25 yesterday...bunch of dumbasses!!!

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Bwahahahahahaha if dummy cleaned his own windows he wouldnt have any stress!!!

Good job you two...glad you got out!!!

I didnt (cutting stair stringers today cant find 11 step ones) get out maybe I go fish tomorrow after work...

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
Very cool, man... Def a great way to get the bugs out of the head. Pike fishing has been pretty good lately!

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Cool little outing, way to get Fuzzy out. Where's the remote control plane pics?

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Cool pikester, glad you got some time to get out with some friends and fish.

Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Nice Tony! Glad you could get out for some fresh air and fish slime. Boat ramps up here close the end of the month, which is BS. Best is yet to come.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts