Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I just wanted to put out a reminder that we are 3 weeks out from the first tournament of the year from Colorado Kayak Fishing Club.
This event takes place at Wellington Lake near Bailey, CO. We will be holding a catch, photo, release tournament for trout (any species). Cash and prizes will be awarded. We welcome hand launched, non motorized watercraft not just kayaks. So come out with your canoe, personal pontoon, or if you can handle the cold, fish from a float tube.
Join our group on Facebook for more information and a link to pre-register for the event. We encourage early registration, the cost will go up an additional $10 for “day of” walk up registration.
We hope to see you guys and gals on the water.

And if you are at the Larimer County Fishing Expo, come by, talk fishing and get to know more about the group.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
This is a good group of people who help the none motor boater enjoy catching fish.
Kayak, Canoe or pontoons are wellcome.

·
Registered
116 Posts
If the lake is open and ice free, there should be a group prefishing on Saturday and possibly another group prefishing on Sunday.
If not, look for groups out fishing together at Boyd on Saturday.

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Per FB as of today the lake is 90% ice free and surrounded by mud!! lol

·
Registered
902 Posts
Per FB as of today the lake is 90% ice free and surrounded by mud!! lol
maybe I can put my cummins with half foot lift and some 35in mudders to use. I'll bring a tow rope!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tomorrow is the big day. We’ve already got some guys heading up there to prefish and camp tonight. Fishing should be great with a good turn out.

Speculation has already surfaced for the winning “bag”. 100 inch, 5 fish limit? Sounds good to me!

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Jeff - It was awesome. Had 40 entrants into the first tourney of the 2015 season. 11 teams brought in pics of 5 or more fish. Chris Molloy (Team Hobie) won with 87". Biggest fish was 22.5". Horsetooth is next on April 25th.

·
Registered
24,557 Posts
How'd the Pueblo tourney go? Not a facebook guy. Sounds like it would have been fun but no oars for the toon anymore.
Put them on there but keep the motor problem solved!!!

·
Registered
116 Posts
The tournament went well. I believe there were 30 anglers on the water in the event. The winning bag was 83” of 2 bass and 3 walleye.
There were a few keeper sized walleye caught and a few keeper bass, but no real trophies. Biggest fish measured was an 18.5 walleye.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts