Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
TimberlineArcher said:
DOW is more concerned about people keeping pike out of the yampa, they definitely want to thin down the population there.  even more so than spinney because there are several endangered species living in the yampa.  So, if you like pike take them outa the yampa when you catch them.  This is a HUGE deal with the DOW.
Sorry sir but i have to respectfully disagree. If you like pike practice catch and release with all Pike caught out of the Yampa. The DOW is doing enough damage on their own. I have seen what they did to Spinney first hand and I can tell you that if the DOW works hard enough at it they will practically eraticate almost all pike in the Yampa. Spinney usted to be the best Pike lake in the state. Now you are lucky to get a 5 pounder out of there. Damn Shame IMO. :'( Growth rate for pike in Spinney was faster then anywhere in the WORLD at one time. HEY DOW YOU GUYS ARE CRYING ABOUT MONEY ALL THE TIME, HOW MANY PEOPLE DO YOU THINK WOULD HAVE COME TO COLORADO FROM OUT OF STATE TO FISH A PIKE LAKE LIKE THAT? My answer: just look at the money CANADA MAKES! ???

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.