Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
TroutFishingBear said:
yampa river for pike of over 50". Very fat fish. 30" average, my biggest LANDED is an appx. 20 pounder. Please practice only catch and release here. Harvey gap some big pike, not many left. Catch and release only here, the perch are causing a trophic cascade and the lake is in danger. Stagecoach has lots of small pike and some big ones. Few medium sized. The biologist, billy atkinson, and I have talked about the pike there and he said a 42" pike in stagecoach is 7 years old, the fastest growth rate ever according to him. Keep a bunch of small ones. Rifle gap has a bunch of mid teens inch pike and a bunch in the low 30" range. Some bigger. Keep a few here if ya want. Rio blanco has lots of small skinny pike. Doesn't hurt to keep some, but of there are some huge ones relocated from the yampa, including a massive 54" last year. Crawford has many good medium sized pike, like 30" and some bigger and smaller ones. Good balance and you can keep a small one or two. Taylor has some decent ones too.
I thought they have been relocating pike out of the Yampa and didn't want them in there?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.