Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be in Colorado Springs for a week in June. I'm going to hire a guide to get my feet on the ground early in the week. What rivers or areas would you folks recommend in Colorado Springs area in late June?

·
Registered
273 Posts
There's the standards: Rivers include South Platte at Cheeseman Canyon, Eleven Mile canyon, South Platte Dream Stream. The Arkansas is worth fishing too. Lakes include North Catamount on Pikes Peak, Spinney res, Antero Res, and some urban fishing in town. I'd also look at www.southparktrout.com for some private but cheap water - can be very good. But...we've had a very wet spring so heavy flows may hammer the fishing quality there, so check their fishing reports. There is plenty of info on this board and other places on the places I have mentioned.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks I appreciate the info. Anglers Covey is who I was looking at to hire a guide. Looking forward to the visit.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Thats the start of dryfly season at Spinney..Wade the shoreline and cast to the rings ---- Caddis - Adams in June ... Hoppers - damsels - beetles as the water warms.. Topper -- dropper is a good choice. Stud bows will be cruisin the shallows..

·
Registered
5 Posts
You won't be disappointed fishing Spinney (stillwater). If it has to be a river, 11-mile canyon should be a safe bet but others already listed are great as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts