Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if anyone else has run into this but here's my dilema. I live in Colorado part-time and am a Florida resident. I purchased my new 2006 fishing license with the Habitat stamp and then purchased a $55 State Parks Pass. The pass noted that I had to stick this on the window of my car. I rent a different car everytime I visit Colorado. I called the State and they said I can't use the $55 pass I had to pay a fee everytime I went to a facility. Living only 10 minutes from Spinney this seemed a bit unusual. Have any of you run into this? What if any solution could you come up with?
Bill

·
Registered
438 Posts
Buy an annual state parks pass in florida and pay a dialy access fee in colorado. I suspect most states have better deals for thier residents than for out of staters. Hope they will refund your money. Otherwise; it's not that expensive a lesson learned and us colorado residents that you for your support. ;o)

don't you hate it when it does that

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Id laminate it and use some double sided tape and tape it inside the windsheild on the right side of the window, That way when you go thru the gate just point at it. All they look for is that years picture. Half the time there just teen's who really dont care either way.

IMO

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

·
Registered
391 Posts
I had seen a post much earlier that they laminated their pass and would tape it to the car windshield.This might not be legal but I dont have an ethical problem with it.Good luck Whadley,hope to run into you at Spinney sometime.

lyn

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the input. I guess I'll try the "tape to the winshield" approach. I guess the worst that can happen is they'll tell me I have to pay daily fee?
Bill

·
Registered
117 Posts
id be careful. Knowing my luck, if it were me, the CDOW would notice I had a rental car, then they might be curious to make sure no unlicensed out of stater was fishing here. Then they would notice the nontransferable sticker, then find me and fine me.

I dont know, maybe I'm just paranoid about those things. I would take my receipt and sticker to the nearest office and ask for a refund, or a credit towards daily passes.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm not unlicensed, I paid $61.00 for my license with Habitat stamp and another $55 for the pass.
I can't figure the States logic on this much the same as I wonder why the license runs Jan. to Dec. It's a bit easier in Flori-duh, your license expires a year from the date of purchase. No January "log jams" here.

·
Registered
297 Posts
whadley said:
I'm not unlicensed, I paid $61.00 for my license with Habitat stamp and another $55 for the pass.
I can't figure the States logic on this much the same as I wonder why the license runs Jan. to Dec. It's a bit easier in Flori-duh, your license expires a year from the date of purchase. No January "log jams" here.
They have to keep things simple in "Floi-duh", look at what they did to an election. :D

·
Registered
117 Posts
the passes are per vehicle for 55 bucks right?

if i were to laminate my pass, i could use it on any of my cars, trucks, or motorhome. i think they want you to buy one for each vehicle.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
whadley said:
All the state parks (not just this state) have the same policy, or atleast the ones I have lived in. Some even make you put it on the vehicle when you purchase it. I agree with Walking Eagle on this one, but an old jeep or something keep it at your place and you will save money on not having to get a rental every time you come to the state. For the price of your rental you could probably buy a car.

·
Registered
459 Posts
You can get duplicates for additional vehicles registered to you for $5.00. The lamination thing...bad idea. Rangers also check for passes, and would most likely tow your vehicle if it had a laminated passin the window.

B

·
0 Posts
did the laminate thing in the past, one day had the Park ranger reach in and take it away, they know that game and they do not play nice when they catch you ;D

·
Registered
769 Posts
whadley said:
I think that the fishing license being good from Jan. 1st until the end of Dec. is the norm for most states. 
As for the dilemma with the parks pass,  I don't know how many days a year you visit a state park.
I would just pay the daily entry fee.  Sure it is a bit of a delay each time you enter to fill out the
envelope, but certainly cheaper than buying an old vehicle or risking a ticket.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts