Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m a native in Colorado and have been a big trout and bass fisherman recently me and my brother in law have this wild hair to get a tiger Muskie I have read some articles on here and spent a un godly amount of money on lures and equipment for this illustrious monster as well as checked with cpw for lakes containing them lots of there lakes saying they have them is old the only place I have seen them is pinewood and Lon Hagler have any of you other members here seen any recently or can point my wild goose chase in the right direction it would be greatly aprreciated

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
If you like being frustrated fishing for tigers is a great way to do it. I've only hooked two, one broke my line and the other one I landed but it was small. Both times I was fishing for bass. One on a jerkbait and one on a tube. Very elusive fish.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Was that recently and you mind if I ask the lake I saw a kid caught a real nice one 40 inch out of evergreen this week I was upset to see they didn’t cnr it such a shame on such a majestical fish

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Quincy used to have them when I lived on the front range over 10 years ago. Saw someone previously said they are all gone now, but certainly there are a few holdovers?? (unless they shocked the lake).

·
Registered
366 Posts
The last time I saw a Tiger it was at Gross Reservoir. Was not huge, probably only 24 inches long or so. I caught a small Tiger Muskie many years ago at a Bass Pond in Fort Collins. It was only about 12 inches long, and it surprised the heck out of me.

Gross is a tough nut to crack, but if you want close access and beautiful scenery you could always try there. I am pretty sure the CPW has stocked a decent number of them in there... Just good friggin luck finding the fish of 10,000 casts in that lake.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Evergreen Lake

Evergreen Lake has abundant Muskie, and, unfortunately, abundant forage. Like all Muskie fishing it’s a matter of putting in the time. But, if you check with DOW they will point you there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts