Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

Would you participate if there was a Tournament?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe????

COLORADOFISHERMAN FISHING TOURNAMENT?

4K views 43 replies 16 participants last post by  idratherbfishing 
G
#1 ·
Will there ever be a Coloradofisherman Fishing Tournament?

I think it would be fun and good to know who is actually BSin' on here and who's the REAL DEAL.

JK

Tony M.

I've added a poll....

Vote ON!!!!

G
#3 ·
Dunbar said:
That sounds fun but sounds hard to set up if we ever did.And it'd be unfair for ppl fishing from shore from ppl in boats.But still sounds fun

Saw some charity fishing tourney w/ WesternSlopeAnglers.

They have different prizes for Shore Fishermen and Boat Fishermen.

I'm not expecting thousands of dollars in prizes or a fancy boat(would be nice, though). Competing is just fun all around-

5-10 bucks a pop for touney entry fee.

#5 ·
#7 ·
I've seen the size of fish we catch when we get together... I dont know 6 inch fish winning the event. The shame.

#9 ·
we had mused about some sort of kiddie pole tournament before you know them 3' long snoopy and barbie poles and then donate the poles to some kids some thing like that a while back i think it would be fun

G
#12 ·
Ken Broeren said:
tbmanivong said:
LETS DO IT KEN OR DON?  Moderators??????
It's not happening this year!  At least not in an official sense... 

How come most of you didn't show up to this?  http://www.coloradofisherman.com/forum/index.php?topic=2918.0
Doesn't have to be anything official or this year.  Make it a PROMOTIONAL Tournament.....

I was on the western slope visiting my family and of course did some fishing. 

I was going to try to make it to the gathering, but I got stucked in that terrible traffic jam due to the rock slide on I-70(curiosity slow down).  It took me 1 1/2 hours to get from Georgetown to Idaho Springs.

#13 ·
I think Ken is right...the numbers would have to better turn out wise for it to work...

And we did kick around a "snoopy pole open" with the proceeds going to charity...

We could have the "Dan" (Oscar like trophy with a 5 inch walleye attached) Award for the smallest...

Like you said Dan...your 15 minutes of fame...at least you have had it!!!

G
#14 ·
I feel you on that. I'll be looking forward to the next Get Together if not a Tournament.

I don't know about the other members on here, but I can't stay off this site. My GF gets jealous because I'm on here so much. It's addicting and it's given me the drive to try to do more fishing.

I've gone around and ask other fishermen if they have heard of this site or magazine and encourage them to sign up.

I've also subscribed to ColoradoFisherman Mag. Looking forward to my first issue.

#15 ·
i would have liked to been there for the get together but a combination of things said it wasnt going to happen, distance, fuel price, blown rear in truck, weather, leaking roof and such

crossing fingers for the next one
as for the "tourny" maybe at the next get together we can work in some sort of tourny i like the kiddie pole from shore idea and maybe extra points for a bag of trash you know something fun

instead of pro/am maybe member/kid stuff like that and in conjuction with a get together might be fun and have a bigger draw

#16 ·
There are all kinds of regulations and such to have a tournament. However if everyone shows up and you all throw a 1$ or 5$ into a hat and call biggest fish winner of the pot. We did this all the time on the charter boats, usually the one who pulled the shark in won.

#20 ·
Thanx for adopting me z-man!I'm kinda high maintenance though,200 bucks a week for gasoline,200 bucksa week for food, and a 100 bucks a week for booze. And if its a snoopy pole contest,I once caught a 7.5 lb bobo on a 24 inch ice rod above 11-mile,so we can play that game!

#22 ·
what ever we fish for i will adopt one of you ex mil types any EOD people out there?

snoopy poles, snoopy poles, snoopy poles, come on everyone lets here it

#25 ·
now we're talking

blowing sh&* up and booze

win the tourny and then tell tales all night long

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.