Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
vent

Holy cow, I got off work today @ 7am drove home it was sunny and in the mid 50's I was thinking I should go fall asleep at the lake, but I had only got 4 hours of sleep the night before so I better get a couple 5-6 hours in bed then go down and fish tell the girl gets off work. I wake up at 1pm and its SNOWING!!!!!!!!!! what is wrong with this state, stop it you've already had your spring snow, NO MORE!!!!!

/vent

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
EpiC-Caught about a dozen bass today-you know where 'cause I told you!! Fishing is always good on the leading edge of a front. Spring weather here can be an amazing thing though. Ed

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Shouldn't have taken that nap!! ;) Ed

E

·
0 Posts
Best fishing I had last year was in the spring white outs at Chatfield. Only one on the lake and the walleyes would start biting.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Some of the best early season bass fishing I have had has also come during snowstorms. Ed

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I dont think its been warm enough for bass here in Colorado Springs yet. I havent been able to hook up with any yet but fishing only pikeview for them since during the day I'm to tired to drive far. I do like fishing when the weather changes even trout bite better then. I just was looking forward to a nice day catching a cat nap on the lake coming home and doing some yard work. But the weather gods have foiled me again.

·
Registered
86 Posts
This is Colorado if you don't like the weather just stick around it will change in a few minutes. I have snow skied in the morning and water skied in the after noon before.
It is not unusual to mow your lawn in the morning then shovel snow in the evening. This is a typical Colorado Spring

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I really need to get some yard work done and the weather just isnt helping me out at all.

·
Registered
24,590 Posts
No yard work...see the flaky Colorado weather is a blessing!

;D

·
Registered
86 Posts
All I know come heck or high water the boat is going in the lake for the year this Friday

·
Registered
16,652 Posts
Let the changing weather work for you,not against you.You get the pre-frontal bites,the cloudy stormy bite,then you get the bluebird warm sunny bite afterwards!Gotta love it.I was fishing sterling monday in my boat in 74 deg. shorts,this saturday I,m thinkin of hitting 11-mile ice fishing in 54 deg sun.If the ice doesnt work out,or I catch my limit early,I'll hit the river just above 11-mile for some flailing!Love colorado in the spring!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Look at the possitive side of it...without the moisture, without the snow and rain, our lakes, reservoirs, and rivers suffer. so does the fishing when the water level is low, then we have all the forrest fires, and you wouldn't have a yard to mow. ;)

·
Registered
472 Posts
March fishing in Colorado....cast when you can or fish through the rough stuff. This time of year can really test you.

Go to your weather forcast website...get the 10day forcast and plan from there. I throw a backpack in the ol pathfinder with my winter gear no matter what some weather guy says the day before.

As mentioned before: Hit the water just before the front. Those fishies know that storm is coming and will feed right before. I read that low barometric pressure messes with them and they don't know how long that will last...so they bulk up just before.

Been savin' up those sick days...as soon as these clouds break, I am gonna be fishing! YEEEHAW!

·
Registered
280 Posts
I just hope we get pounded with the white stuff, hopefully a couple more storms will have the high country stuffed. Does anyone know where I can find the snow pack information?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts