Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Coloring may not be as much fun as catching fish but I found it to be a somewhat entertaining escapist activity to color the background of some of the pictures of my better walleyes so far this year. Enjoy the beautiful artwork!

A new PB by weight (but not by length) at a hair over 14 lb caught last week:

A 9 pounder caught the same night:

The story behind those two fish is that I was going on camping & fishing trip Friday through Sunday last week with my son and a friend and his son. My son is 9 and I can't fish too hard when he is along. I decided to sneak in a "hardcore" trip before that camping trip. I texted 3 people. None of them could go (or wanted to), so I said: screw those phuckers, I'll make a solo mission. More for me! On a serious note, I really do think solo missions are the best way to target big fish from shore. It took me 7 hours to cover a stretch of the lake that could be covered by two people in half the time, but I could fish at my own pace and I got to catch the big fish that were willing to bite that night. Greed pays off!

An eleven pounder caught 2 weeks ago:

I felt like a total rookie when I took the picture of this one. It was like a deja vu of my first post here. Yes, Scuba Steve / Mr Tuan, a picture with flash is much better! And, yes, I still remember your comment!

So, yeah, this is a lame post and the pictures look totally phony/fake, but that's all you dogs will get from me, so don't complain too much. :biggrin1: Gone are the days when I would show you the ground or name (some) locations.

I will share this: I have done well on walleyes with a new (to me) lure: the DUO Realis 120 SP. That elongated white spot below the jaw of that last fish is the head of one of those lures. The two first fish were caught with the same lure (but different color). As I have said before, I don't think the particular lure matters too much; I am just noting that those lures work, too.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Lol can I show my text message to one person now JK. You and Andrew made me lose a lot of sleep lately ! You and him are on FIRE! Super jealous man.

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
NICE!! Putting in work!! As for the coloring job... Looks fine to me. :) Thanks for the info on what was used... More than makes this a report right!

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Lol can I show my text message to one person now JK. You and Andrew made me lose a lot of sleep lately ! You and him are on FIRE! Super jealous man.
You'll get yours. It's not skills, it's time and enough luck to be at the right time and right place. Jealousy is good. It motivates me to get out and work for it. It got me out of the house last week.;D

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Good **** for sho, AO....

(see what I did there? :biggrin1: )
LOL! I never quite understood what your word play were about until that one thread where you talked about you and your bro rapping. Makes sense now.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Shhhhhhhh Lake Erie lol
Nope, Big Mac ;) OK, private lake in CO. I had to jump a fence. :D OK, seriously, public CO water during legal hours.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
You chubby chaser you. Dem some pretty fat girls.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts