Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems like longer than 12 years. Holes for those families that can never be filled. I can't imagine.......

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Thoughts go out to everyone involved! It is one of the nations events that I will always remember what I was doing when I heard!

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
I was teaching high school in Westminster (Belleview Christian) the day it happened. The brother of one of my students was one of those shot. Thankfully he recovered.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Yes regardless of any celebrations I hold today, Columbine always sits heavy in my heart. Some things time may heal, but will never erase.

·
Registered
844 Posts
swimbait said:
We could use a few more guns in these parts.

SS
Yea maybe in a principle or coach/teachers hands.
Or maybe some involved parents who weren't in denial of raising a couple sociopaths.
Or maybe our I'm ok Your ok society needs to wake up and be a little more judgemental of these punks at young age and pay attention to the big mental health bill boards they carry around.
Every time one of these wack jobs go off people come out of the woodwork about how they feared them and knew they were going to do something crazy including the cops they had contact with.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
UNREPENTANT SINNER said:
swimbait said:
We could use a few more guns in these parts.

SS
Yea maybe in a principle or coach/teachers hands.
Or maybe some involved parents who weren't in denial of raising a couple sociopaths.
Or maybe our I'm ok Your ok society needs to wake up and be a little more judgemental of these punks at young age and pay attention to the big mental health bill boards they carry around.
Every time one of these wack jobs go off people come out of the woodwork about how they feared them and knew they were going to do something crazy including the cops they had contact with.
100% totally with you on all this.

But more guns please.

SS

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
I remember being in school that day - they locked us down and said people in ski masks were killing people! I didn't believe it until I saw the news that night

Nowadays, seems like there is a similar shooting every other week - we've gotten numb to it

·
Registered
4,731 Posts
Columbine and 911 had literally the same effect on me...shocking. I'm still not over either. Being that I do believe in prayer, I said another one today.

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
Was at Chatty fishing and couldn't figure out what all the Helicopters were doing.... The BOMB squad was at Chat. parked close to catfish Flats. Heading No. on Wadsworth, the Bomb squad and Jeffco's finest were searching the fields just No. of King Soopers.
I'm trying to figure out WTF? get home to find out my kids are in lockdown at Ken Caryl J.H. WTF? Turned on the TV to see all the SWAT guys hiding behind each other as a few more bit the dust.
My wife had checked in Dave Sanders two dogs at her Kennel the day before. Last time She saw ever Him.....
My Niece was told to head for the Library by one of the other panicked people supposedly in charge. She decided to head out the Side doors with about six others.... Damn smart move, in retrospect......
Sad, Sad day, for sure..... caused by a couple punks. I'll never forget....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts