Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Taking a break from the great spring riding I went out ice fishing a few hours, nothing special caught and released 5 or 6 good looking 18"ers and one nice 30"er.

After hearing Slayer would hike clear up to the inlet this time of year and since the Eagle closure went off the 15th after going home for lunch I took a ride up with my long rod.
not much water coming in.URL=https://imageshack.com/i/pmikLrYWj]
[/URL]
Water was alive with little Rainbows feeding in the shallow water.
Looked like a family of Otters with a great hideout was taking advantage of the opportunities with piles of **** all over the river bank.Caught 5 or 6 scrawny little Rainbows till I got tired of harassing them but it brought me back to my childhood days.Saw a bald eagle and a Blue Heron flew by a clear sign that spring is coming, should be some Osprey showing up soon.

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Great pics Steve...you should of added in a pic of a 10 lb bobo and Slayer would of hottspotted it at first light on Saturday morning!...maybe a trail cam and get an action shot of him hotspotting...lol

·
Registered
568 Posts
Sweet report and fish redleader.

Great pics Steve...you should of added in a pic of a 10 lb bobo and Slayer would of hottspotted it at first light on Saturday morning!...maybe a trail cam and get an action shot of him hotspotting...lol
Hilarious!

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Nice Red!

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Thanks the report! I am itching for some open water action in the hills.

·
Registered
16,631 Posts
Sweet Steve! Some years when the lake level is right and the water is deeper it can be epic!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts