Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been really busy the last couple of weeks, but managed to get out a couple of times.

We were in Aspen for a hockey tournament in early October. I got out with a guide for a few hours on the first morning, before the tournament started. Hit the Fork between Basalt and Aspen, and managed to get into dozen or so, not bad considering we were only on the water for about 3 1/2 hours:

Pretty even mix of rainbows and browns, with one or two coming on an orange egg, but most on a baetis nymph.

This past Saturday, I ventured out on my own, a little out of my comfort zone, but armed with confidence that I could tie into a couple. Hit the Upper Colorado for a few hours, and although I didn't slay them, I caught a few, best among them was this guy on a size 20 JuJubaetis:

Other fish came on a size 22 zebra midge, and size 20 black beauty midge patterns, all with tungsten beads.

Thanks for reading...

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Cool, Love the Fork.

·
P I K E
10,114 Posts
Very nice Scott!!! Beautiful fish!!!

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Damn, that last fish is beautiful! I bet your comfort zone is a little bigger now. 8) BTW, time for a bigger net.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks all, for the positive feedback...

Damn, that last fish is beautiful! I bet your comfort zone is a little bigger now. 8) BTW, time for a bigger net.
Yeah, it's amazing, you get exposed to a new technique, get shown the ropes, and you realize it's not as complicated as you thought it would be.

And a new net, yeah, that's on the Christmas wish list! :smile:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts