Registered
24,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You can do it!...

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice push off by lloyd to create seperation...looks like Bowlen has his cash in with the referees today...should be a Bronco win as a result...

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
That depends on who CAR picks.

Basically, I don't think you can pass on Luck. Screw Tebow if Luck is there. Otherwise, it's mandatory that you replace Champ. Peterson is a shoe-in.

If they go elsewhere, which would be dumb, then they need to take Fairley.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Dequan Bowers can start looking for a residence in Colorado.

Luck will be taken first overall, he's the best talent in the draft. And accoriding to most Bowers is by FAR the best defensive player in the upcoming draft.

Only McDaniels would be dumb enough to take a cornerback with the second overall pick, name me the last time that has panned out for an NFL franchise....

You do not build a team around a corner, they're are plenty of good ones out there. We need drastic help on the defensive line seeing how we can not get any sort of pressure on the quarterback. I would be shocked if we do not take Bowers, that's saying Luck is off the board. Dumervil and Bowers would give Denver a reasonable DLine to build around for years...

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
Yeah trading down is always an option but I don't pay close enough attention to college football to know who the best talent is beyond the top 15 or 20 players. I would have to google it....

I am just saying what they would do with the 2nd pick if they kept it. More than likely, given the broncos history, they will trade down. Hopefully someone who knows what they are doing makes some good picks this year because the team needs it bad.

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
I predict Elway and his new power will send Tebow packing and take Luck if he can figure out how to pull it off. It would be a balsy first move for sure...but it will show you exactly how Elway feels about Tebow. My guess is Elway is a Tebow fan though, and will focus on offensive/defensive line. I am down for either... Tebow scares me, but Luck will need some time too.

I think it is cool that Elway will be given all these choices AND the fact that we are truly in rebuild mode. When McD came in, I dont't think many thought we were in rebuild mode... it just ended up that way. Now, we have a world of options, and with the number 2 overall, it will be VERY interesting.

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
sswan said:
I hope your prediction is wrong and your guess is right.
Don't go hoping too much. I am content with Tebow at QB for now, and hope he continues to progress, but he has a long ways to go. If you watch Luck, he has a ton of promise http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzudT5dMgq0

classic throwing style, VERY quick release. Not hating Tebow, just sayin the alternative could be as good or better. One year doesn't mean a lot in terms of experience, but I think tebow is older by a couple years and had more college experience.

Will be fun to watch play out.

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
Oyey said:
sswan said:
Don't go hoping too much. I am content with Tebow at QB for now, and hope he continues to progress, but he has a long ways to go. If you watch Luck, he has a ton of promise http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzudT5dMgq0

classic throwing style, VERY quick release. Not hating Tebow, just sayin the alternative could be as good or better. One year doesn't mean a lot in terms of experience, but I think tebow is older by a couple years and had more college experience.

Why not trade Orton and Quinn, keep Tebow, draft Luck and let the competition begin!?

With the new CBA, Luck shouldn't be making more than Tebow, and the competition would be good for both of them. Personally, I think they should focus on defense, but if they're in love with Luck, then make the best of the situation.

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
Mrwigglestheworm said:
Oyey said:
sswan said:

Why not trade Orton and Quinn, keep Tebow, draft Luck and let the competition begin!?

With the new CBA, Luck shouldn't be making more than Tebow, and the competition would be good for both of them. Personally, I think they should focus on defense, but if they're in love with Luck, then make the best of the situation.
Tough to not take Luck, given the option. I agree with D though....but don't wanna spend number 2 on a DB...

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
Oyey said:
Tough to not take Luck, given the option. I agree with D though....but don't wanna spend number 2 on a DB...
Agreed, so trade down and pick up extra picks. Should be plenty of good D linemen in this draft.

Luck is goin #1 overall, to me it would be stupid to trade up to get him.

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
I'm not convinced that Tebow is the answer at QB, but I'm not convinced that he isn't, either.

Either trade up and get Luck, or trade down for multiple picks and use them on defense. Then hope that McD didn't screw the pooch with the Tebow pick.

·
Registered
901 Posts
DO NOT TAKE LUCK!! You look at all the dominant defenses in the league and what do they have in common. The all have very high draft picks across the defensive line. To get this franchise back to where it should be you need to follow those franchises that put a premium on the DL. ANYONE would be stupid not to draft a dominant defensive lineman in this position. They have the opportunity to get the #1 DL in the draft. While I'm not against trading down, thay can't trade down too far and still get a stud DL. The way the drafts have been going over that last several years you have a small handfull of stud can't miss DL than you have a solid group of hit/miss guys. They have to stay in a position to get one of the "can't miss" guys. Although this is a QB league, franchises are built starting with a solid DL.
Although I'm not totally sold on Tebow...yet....but I'll never bet against a natural leader and a guy with his work ethic. Those two qualities are to die for in a QB. The incoming coach pretty much has to stick with Tebow for the time being. Look what happened to the last coach who traded a popular QB. It would be pretty close to suicidal with the following Tebow has. I don't even think Elway could survive this. Work with what you've got until you've got the D fixed, then at that point you'll know what you have....or have not got in Tebow.

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
RyJ said:
Work with what you've got until you've got the D fixed, then at that point you'll know what you have....or have not got in Tebow.
I like the way you said that... after much thought on the subject, I think I agree. The D and the running game have been the problem... working on the line on both sides of the ball makes a lot of sense.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts