Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
24,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For a tournament in its 2nd year (I think there was one at Evergreen last year) this one has no shortage of prizes for the $35 entry fee (AND I HAVE NO CONNECTION WITH THIS TOURNAMENT...Nate asked if I would throw up a thread about it....it sounds neat and I am the first to ***** when Aurora Reservoir has cancelled event after event...SO I AM GOING!). Nate Zelinsky's Ice Addiction Tournament is Saturday February 1st at Chatfield Reservoir and he says it is a go. This is set up like the Minnesota Jaycees tournaments are set up. An area on the lake is roped off and a zillion holes are predrilled with door prizes given out at various times (on his website it says door prizes are given out every 5 minutes!) during the tournament. Everyone fishes out in the open with one rod in one hole (minimizes cheating like has happened at some of the mountain tournies where people could fish all over the lake with illegal bait or smuggle fish in) and you can use electronics. Think of a fishing tourney with great prizes and a social event that ice fishing is all rolled into one! Plus it is the morning on the Saturday before Superbowl Sunday. You know you wanted to get out that weekend but not go far saving yourself for the Superbowl party on Sunday. This fills that void perfectly. Here is the prize list..

1st- $2,500 CASH
2nd- Jiffy Propane Auger and $500 to Bass Pro Gift Card
3rd-Clam Warrior shelter, Ice Armor Suit
4th- Ice Armor Suit, Clam Scout, Mr Heater Big Buddy Heater
5th-Jason Mitchell 5000, Mr Heater Hunting Buddy Heater, $150 Bass Pro Gift Card
6th- Clam Scout, Ice Armor Suit-
7th-$500 Bass Pro Gift Card
8th-Clam XL2000 Shelter, big Buddy Heater
9th-Clam XL2000 Shelter, Little Buddy
10th-Clam XL2000 Shelter
11th-Mr Heater Hunting Buddy Heater, $50 Bass Pro Gift Card
12th-Mr Heater Little Buddy, $50 Bass Pro Gift Card

That is an estimated Value of $8,655 in Cash and Prizes! We hope to see everyone there. There will be signs to the fishing location at the park on the day of the event. The Event will be on the west side of the reservoir.

Starting on January 30th at 5pm you can call 720-775-7770 and there will be recorded information on any changes or updates on the event.

Here is link to pre-register and the rules (it does appear there is some ticketmaster type couple buck registration fee so be warned...it would cost you more to pay for gas to drive to the mountains for the weekend).

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/tightlines-ice-addicition-tournament-series-tickets-9605719967

·
Registered
24,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Here is some more info Nate posted today and a link to it and pictures and comments for the one at Tarryall where I think the winning fish was like 1.33 pounds and paid in the neighborhood of $2000! Again I am not affiliated with this but it sounds awesome and plan on going. Here is Nate's ice condition report and the link I promised above:

https://www.facebook.com/IceAddiction?hc_location=timeline

·
Registered
24,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ill pay your entry fee Z, we can split the winnings!
Tony you can come and fish it with me!...I just signed up...its only a 4 hour tournament...I am going to see if I can get a bunch of the Walleye Breakfast Club to go and go talk ish and see if one of us can luck into the grand prize...lot better odds than the lottery and it gets me out of the house...

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Mark, or John,

Do you know if non-participating family members are allowed on the ice w/ you? I have the kids. Kara says that if she gets the day off, she'd go too. I'd be the only one entering though.. They wouldn't be helping

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Its very tempting! A westsider beating the pants off a bunch of eastsiders, could be interesting!

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Tony you can come and fish it with me!...I just signed up...its only a 4 hour tournament...I am going to see if I can get a bunch of the Walleye Breakfast Club to go and go talk ish and see if one of us can luck into the grand prize...lot better odds than the lottery and it gets me out of the house...
Won't be in town!

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Its very tempting! A westsider beating the pants off a bunch of eastsiders, could be interesting!
Need a sponsor? GO WEST SIIIIIIEEDE! :boxing:

·
Registered
633 Posts
The tourney at Tarryall was a blast! Seemed like everyone had a good time. There were a lot of prizes given out and the top ten prizes were fantastic. $2500 bucks for first place in a $35 entry fee tourney is pretty amazing. I've fished other events that cost 2-3 times more to enter and didn't pay out near as much. If I'm not working I'll be there for sure!!!

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
I was going to do it but junior was offered a last minute D1 official visit for football and the coach asked if he could bring parents to talk scholarship. Maybe I will be the big winner this weekend and leave there knowing his education is taken care of.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
I was going to do it but junior was offered a last minute D1 official visit for football and the coach asked if he could bring parents to talk scholarship. Maybe I will be the big winner this weekend and leave there knowing his education is taken care of.
That would be very COOL!
Hope the best for you and your son.
Can you speak of which school?

What position does/did he play in HS?

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Mark, or John,

Do you know if non-participating family members are allowed on the ice w/ you? I have the kids. Kara says that if she gets the day off, she'd go too. I'd be the only one entering though.. They wouldn't be helping
I'm pretty sure that won't be a problem. I fished the one at Tarryall and there were people out walking around BS'ing with the people fishing.
It was a fun event. They were giving prizes away the whole time. Heck they were even delivering hot chocolate out to the people who wanted it.
I'll definitely be fishing it.

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Thanks Grababrewski! I appreciate the reply. We should have a CF section (so I can watch & learn. I've only fished Chatfield once & that was for a CF get together years ago..) I'm looking forward to it!

1 - 20 of 98 Posts