Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
October 16th is my birthday and I plan on spending it in northern Nevada chasing the world's largest cutthroat trout. I'll probably drive out the 14th and spend at least five days out there. It's like a fifteen hour drive but it's really not that bad. I drove it by myself straight through last time without any issues. It's worth it. I've been twice. I can't tell you how many hours I spent watching Pyramid videos and researching the lake, never thinking I'd ever get there. It was a dream for me to check it out. When you finally pull up, it's surreal. Both times I had one of the best fishing experiences I've ever had. It's lots of fish with big fish mixed in and the possibility of a monster. One of the guided groups out there last time hooked into multiple ten+ pound fish in one day, with one approaching twenty. I've caught them on flies, lures, swimbaits....you can pretty much do whatever you want and be successful if you have half a clue. I plan on chasing monsters this time. I had a follower that was monster status last time and I've definitely caught tons of average and above average fish there. The cutthroat season starts October 1st there so it'll be close to the season opener. (which I was told was the best time to fish it by the Reno fly shop) I'm just gonna fill up a cooler full of food, being my tent and do the trout bum thing. Im throwing all this out there in case someone is interested in meeting me out there to have a good time. I know the chances are slim but I wouldn't mind having somewhere that from Colorado who was as stoked about fishing as myself. Ive been told October is insane, there. I went there in January and march and it was killer. If anyone had any interest in possibly checking it out, shoot me a pm. Life's a garden...dig it!!!

·
Registered
427 Posts
Hope you have a great bday, stick some giants

1 - 3 of 3 Posts