Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I hit some water tonight to get some eyes. There was a group of guys fishing near me, all with their lights off. All of the sudden this guy walks up next to where I was fishing, turns his super bright headlamp on and shines it directly in front of me, clearly right where I was fishing. I asked him politely if he could turn it off, he turned and looked right at me, turned around and proceeded to keep doing it. NOT COOL! The fact that you came up and did that was really rude and indicative of your lack of walleye knowledge but completely ignoring my polite request was a whole other level of obnoxious. Hopefully you'll read this so you come to the realization that doing stuff like that really isn't kosher. Like two minutes later your two buddies walked right up to me. As soon as they got close, they shut their lamps off and we had a friendly 30sec conversation. Be more like your friends.

P.S. I had a handful of hits and had two fish on for a while, one of which felt pretty nice. Didn't land any but it was still fun getting out. Congrats to all the guys posting nice walleye. I am still chasing mine but hopefully soon...

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
You cant fix brain dead...Trump have a brother?

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Don't let ish like that bother you young Whompus. He was probably trying to spook you off your spot seeing that you were alone. Stand your ground and fish where you want to buddy. It's a free country and you paid for your license too. Lots of tards like that around that think the same way.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Yup,

Happened to me at Forebay this weekend. Pretty remote area already and hiked to the back side where it was just me and a kayaker. Within a half hour two guys came up and started to fish literally twenty feet away and the about five minutes later a whole family within twenty yards to my right. Two or three miles of shoreline and less then ten people on the entire lake and they got to come and crowd me? Totally took my ability away to cast anything other than straight out. Packed up and left immediately. Came across a dead wolverine though. That was pretty cool.

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
I hit some water tonight to get some eyes. There was a group of guys fishing near me, all with their lights off. All of the sudden this guy walks up next to where I was fishing, turns his super bright headlamp on and shines it directly in front of me, clearly right where I was fishing. I asked him politely if he could turn it off, he turned and looked right at me, turned around and proceeded to keep doing it. NOT COOL! The fact that you came up and did that was really rude and indicative of your lack of walleye knowledge but completely ignoring my polite request was a whole other level of obnoxious. Hopefully you'll read this so you come to the realization that doing stuff like that really isn't kosher. Like two minutes later your two buddies walked right up to me. As soon as they got close, they shut their lamps off and we had a friendly 30sec conversation. Be more like your friends.
"When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him."

-Anton lavey

·
Registered
259 Posts
Yup,

Happened to me at Forebay this weekend. Pretty remote area already and hiked to the back side where it was just me and a kayaker. Within a half hour two guys came up and started to fish literally twenty feet away and the about five minutes later a whole family within twenty yards to my right. Two or three miles of shoreline and less then ten people on the entire lake and they got to come and crowd me? Totally took my ability away to cast anything other than straight out. Packed up and left immediately. Came across a dead wolverine though. That was pretty cool.
Pics????
Wolverine live or dead is rare as hell.

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Wow, I didn't know you were a Trump fan.
His proposal for tax brackets is pretty sick. Same with the abolishment of the death tax.

I also like how he plans on corralling all the Mexicans into rail cars and gassing them in zyklon b showers. I already have my son signed up for his "trump youth" program... Hail the toupee fuhrer.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Yup,

Cross their lines a few times, say "I've got a big ass one on the line!" , and cut off their line when you haul it in. Perhaps they'll get the hint.

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
Its dark out right and your fishing rip rap correct, easy fix use the dark to your advantage and pepper those mofo's with rock's.

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
Yup,

That would be utterly amazing considering that they think only one left died a few years ago. You found M56?

Post up please.

http://www.denverpost.com/environment/ci_26321837/wolverine-threatened-species-decision-coming-tuesday-by-u

"Fewer than 300 wolverines have survived in the lower 48 states. The only one confirmed in Colorado, solo wanderer M56, hasn't emitted a signal since October 2012."

http://rockymountainwild.org/blog/colorados-only-wolverine-photographed-on-guanella-pass

"A wolverine that researchers have tracked since early April has crossed into northern Colorado, the first known incidence of a wolverine in the state for 90 years."

So that's a huge finding if you actually saw one.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Could it have been a badger???

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
M56's survival since 2009 — near Rocky Mountain National Park with forays as far as mountains southeast of Leadville and forests west of Fort Collins.

M56 range ^^^ .......certainly the same area lee was in. Leadville area. My money is on a badger tho :lol:

·
Registered
937 Posts
M56's survival since 2009 — near Rocky Mountain National Park with forays as far as mountains southeast of Leadville and forests west of Fort Collins.

M56 range ^^^ .......certainly the same area lee was in. Leadville area. My money is on a badger tho :lol:
Sounds like a wild wolverine chase! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
702 Posts
My first thought was Wolverine however badger did cross my mind. The carcass had been there for a few months and had been picked apart pretty good. Few things that were left were the entire plumage of fur that was very nappy thick and dark brown in color, a fully intact mandible, and one of the front paws. Jaw structure was definitely of a predator so that rules out marmot. The carcass was roughly four feet long by 3 feet wide. I'll play around tonight and get the pics posted tomorrow. New to the Gopro editing so we'll see. If it truly was one, it sounds like a very rare find.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts