Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

It's been a long time! How is everybody? I've been hopping on and off the forum but haven't had much to post as I've been occupied with figuring out Minnesota's waters. Missing Colorado as always.

Anyway, gotta friend who lives back in CO that's having me help him pick out a compound bow. He lives close to the Denver metro and is trying to get some opinions in a bow shop. We're leaning for known brands so a dealership that specializes in any or a combination of the following would be helpful: Matthews, Hoyt, PSE, Bowtech, etc..

I was going to recommend him to American Bowmaster in Northglenn where I bought my 1st Hoyt back in 04', but as I remember when I came back down, I went to visit Bob and the store was closed? Anyone know what happened? He was a great guy with great prices and provided exceptional and friendly service.

Anyhow, if anyone can recommend a shop with a decent selection and good customer service, that would be helpful. I'm sure my bud wouldn't mind some travel just to get to a place where he'll be taken care of as far as initial setup goes. I definitely want him to go to a shop where archery equipment is the specialty and the staff is great at taking care of customers and starting newbs off right.

Thank you in advance,

1eyeReD

·
Registered
724 Posts
I second Bear Creek Archery. Real knowledgeable staff and customer service is great. They timed up an old Oneida Eagle I had, as well as helped me take care of a warranty repair on a failed limb on my Browning Illusion. That is the only place I go to.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I would say- Bass Pro - I just bought the G5 Quest Primal and it shoots like a dream. I am an Elite bow shooter, but I would say the G5 feels a lot better than my Judge. Maybe 4-6 fps slower, but easier to draw and less hand shock. Still shooting about 295 fps, 29' draw, 65 lbs, 345 gr arrow.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts