Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After doing pretty sad at Elevenmile the past couple weeks, me and Jerry decided to go check out Skaguay. Fished from 7-10:30am. Went to the usual spot (26 feet of water), after an hour of no action and more anglers showing up in that area we moved away from the crowd. It was on for me then. I caught 10 rainbows and had 6 other hits. Jerry only caught 2 bows and had a bunch of hits. Was 18 feet deep in second spot. Let them all go today. Those were the biggest and most colorful rainbows I've ever got out of Skaguay. One was a 15 inch female full of eggs. My wife told me if I brought home fish today she was gonna stick them somewhere. ;D On the way to the res. this morning there was about 150 elk in the Fossil Beds. Almost had one for a hood ornament. :eek: Blu Mesa next week. :D

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ice was 22-24 inches with about 2-3 inches of real hard crusted snow on it. Wax worms worked. They didn't like nightcrawlers or Power Bait today.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
You had a better day then I! I had to work. Good Job Jeff! That's where I want to take Kelsey so she gets hooked. ;D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts