Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2,801 Posts
I am sure this has probably been asked before, but one thing that has always confused me about the ANS inspections at the lakes in the boating season.

As a boater myself, I am always asked whether I have any live aquatic bait, and if I do I must produce a valid receipt of the purchase. My confusion comes because when I ice fish, no one seems to care or ask whether I have live bait (unless at high altitude of course).

Doesn't the allowing of unchecked bait during the winter time make the whole ans check of live bait a moot point in the summer? Can minnows not swim down an ice hole as easily as swim in the warm water? I'm not advocating an ans inspection in the winter, in fact I think the way Colorado does the ans inspection process is a nuisance and a joke in itself.

Just curious as to everyone's thoughts on this.

Thanks
It is silly... You Got a VERY valid point, Tiny... what difference does it make if You have "live minnows" during the open water season or the ice season...??
Potentially, They would carry the same ANS deseases... No matter WHEN you would use em...
Although, I HAVE been checked while on the ice, and had to produce a valid, 7 day receipt for My minnows...
None of it makes sense to Me... especially, the "shoreline fisherman" who utilize live bait during the open water season.. ??? They rarely get checked, yet They also have the potential for using contaminated bait....
I have had numerous arguments with "certain" ANS inspectors over the years... Almost all of Them have Thier own interpretations of ANS inforcement...
Whats a Guy to do?? :confused:
Cheat?? :eek:

· Registered
2,801 Posts
We're lucky we don't live in Minnesota..
They are gettin REAL tough about ANS inspections...
Course, the biological makeup of Thier lakes are totally different from Our reservoirs...
But, man... You need a tag on Your boat just to "drive" through the State, anymore...

· Registered
2,801 Posts
Christ, Once at Atown I lowered the motor and about 3 oz. of water dribbled out. This was a Sun. I had been on Atown on Fri. Fucking Nazis made me do the impound thing for 2 weeks. I NEVER tell the truth anymore-

Fucking bunch of stupid ****-
I, too have found it simpler to just "admit nothing"
I have had a running battle with one Guy at Chatty for a year and a half.
This guy wants to interpret ANY rule as HE sees fit... :confused:
He jumped in My boat once, and started to open up my storage compartments and drawers...
I told Him flatly... "Get the F--k out of my boat"
No problems with anyone else....
Thats the problem...
NO Statewide, UNIVERSAL rule plan... too many goofs that wanna enforce rules as THEY interpret Them...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.