Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

· Registered
2,801 Posts
Christ, Once at Atown I lowered the motor and about 3 oz. of water dribbled out. This was a Sun. I had been on Atown on Fri. Fucking Nazis made me do the impound thing for 2 weeks. I NEVER tell the truth anymore-

Fucking bunch of stupid ****-
I, too have found it simpler to just "admit nothing"
I have had a running battle with one Guy at Chatty for a year and a half.
This guy wants to interpret ANY rule as HE sees fit... :confused:
He jumped in My boat once, and started to open up my storage compartments and drawers...
I told Him flatly... "Get the F--k out of my boat"
No problems with anyone else....
Thats the problem...
NO Statewide, UNIVERSAL rule plan... too many goofs that wanna enforce rules as THEY interpret Them...

· Registered
3,266 Posts
I found a funny thing to do. Just pull out your phone and say you want to record the conversation. I did it to an inspector at CC......his dickheadness suddenly went away.

· Registered
3 Posts
It is always easy to complain when there is not a contamination issue in the lake you fish. Being a native of the MidWest (Upper Michigan), I can tell you the destruction that comes with what the ANS inspections are attempting to prevent. The pain we go through now to get a boat inspected prior to, and after fishing is minimal in comparison to not being able to fish a system because it has been DESTROYED by zebra mussels or milfoil. I am by no means saying that the inspection system is perfect, we all know there are loopholes and points of insanity. I hate that I can't just be "certified" for a single body of water using live bait. I only fish one body of water with live bait, but I cannot drop them into the water for fresh exchange (legally) and take them home. So my bait dies and I fork over more money the next trip. It all comes down to honesty, and unfortunately there are the few that will ruin it for the many. So I will take the inspections, I will comply with the rules, and I will enforce said rules upon others I see not doing the right thing, in hopes that my future remains free of closed waterways due to invasive contaminations.

· Registered
1,623 Posts
My II Cents

^^^^^^
I agree with acat500, totally. Ignore the rules and some day a lake will be ruined.
I have family in Michigan and as acat500 stated you have no idea the destruction that happens.
Nothing is perfect but it is what it is.

Have a look or do your own search
http://fl.biology.usgs.gov/Nonindigenous_Species/ZM_Progression/zm_progression.html

http://www.nature.org/ourinitiative...plore/mapping-the-spread-of-zebra-mussels.xml

They take the bottom of the food chain away (plankton) and every thing above that dies.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.