Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rest of the AFC is happy...the Jeckyl and Hyde Bolts are done...no one has to play with them...

Cassel leading the Chefs to the division...might set football back 40 years!...

bwahaahahahahahahahhaa!!!...

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Great season for the Chiefs. Lots of terrific moves in the off season, and set the stage last season. Congrats to Neal and all other Chiefs fans.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Thank God I don't have to count of the Bronco's to beat the Bolts this weekend :D

I was hoping for an 8-8 or 9-7 season this year! We are playing with house money now!!

No one will ever confuse Cassel with Peyton Manning, Rivers or Brady ???
But he has completed 60% of his passes for 3000 yards and 27 TDs, while only throwing 5 interceptions!

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on December 31, 2010, 1:42 PM EST

If there was an offensive coordinator of the year award, we’d vote for Charlie Weis of the Chiefs. Matt Cassel has played mistake-free football, Jamaal Charles might win the rushing title, and a long-struggling offensive line has turned things around.

Despite all that, there is increasing chatter that Weis may not return to the team in 2011.

ESPN’s Chris Mortensen warned on last week’s Countdown not to be surprised if Weis was replaced by Josh McDaniels after the season. That report seemed so out of left field it didn’t really light a media fire.

Now longtime Gainesville Sun columnist Pat Dooley throws gas on the notion, saying that Weis could end up as the offensive coordinator at University of Florida. Here’s Dooley on his radio show, via SportsByBrooks.com
“In terms of Florida’s Offensive Coordinator, if you’re driving in your car, I want you to pull over. When I say this, you’re going to freak out. . . . I think your new offensive coordinator for the Florida Gators is going to be Charlie Weis.

“I’ve heard this from some people in the NFL, that that’s going on. My first reaction was, ‘are you kidding me, why would Charlie Weis leave Kansas City to go to Florida in the same job’? … Wouldn’t make a whole lot of sense.”

Dooley is a well-respected name that is not known for just throwing stuff against the wall. Dooley’s claim also helps explains Mort’s report.

We’ll keep a close eye on this one in the coming days. It’s unclear which side would be looking for a divorce. Or if its mutual.

The only logical explanation of a Weis-Todd Haley break would be something personal. (Weis wanting a lighter work schedule or to return to college? Personality conflict?) Weis’ results in Kansas City have exceeded all expectations.

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on December 31, 2010, 2:44 PM EST
Well, that didn’t take long.

Less than an hour after we passed along a couple of suggestions that Charlie Weis could leave Kansas City and wind up at University of Florida as offensive coordinator, ESPN’s Chris Mortensen is reporting that Weis’ move to Florida is “likely.”

Chiefs coach Todd Haley was asked about the rumor Friday and said that it was the first he heard of it. Haley didn’t deny the report, according to Kent Babb of the Kansas City Star.

Weis’ possible motivation for a change (and the Chiefs’ motivation to let him go) is unclear. Weis may want to get back into college football or perhaps he and Chiefs coach Todd Haley just didn’t want to continue working together.

Either way, it’s a surprising revelation for perhaps the most improved offense in the league only one week before a home playoff game.

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
hobiecat said:
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on December 31, 2010, 2:44 PM EST
Well, that didn’t take long.

Less than an hour after we passed along a couple of suggestions that Charlie Weis could leave Kansas City and wind up at University of Florida as offensive coordinator, ESPN’s Chris Mortensen is reporting that Weis’ move to Florida is “likely.”

Chiefs coach Todd Haley was asked about the rumor Friday and said that it was the first he heard of it. Haley didn’t deny the report, according to Kent Babb of the Kansas City Star.

Weis’ possible motivation for a change (and the Chiefs’ motivation to let him go) is unclear. Weis may want to get back into college football or perhaps he and Chiefs coach Todd Haley just didn’t want to continue working together.

Either way, it’s a surprising revelation for perhaps the most improved offense in the league only one week before a home playoff game.
J-Mac...

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
Neal/CO said:
Mrwigglestheworm said:
COLD CASE said:
J-Mac????? PK
Rumor has it that Joshy-boy will be the new O coordinator there....
Say it isn't so :'(
I could see it happening, but I think it would be a benefit to your team. Personally, I think the guy can coach some offense, but he was too green to be given full reign over a team. He would make your team tough to beat on offense...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts