Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks ago some friends and I were discussing MA records. I came to the realization that almost every year we catch MA trout in at least one of the categories. We also get into MA Largemouth fairly often, yet we have never put in for a MA record. My reason has been similar to why I avoided this site for so long. Keeping my fishing secrets close to heart in an attempt to avoid hordes of people pressuring my favorite fisheries. I'm curious what other people on this site think of MA records. Do they hurt fisheries, or are they just another good source of information?

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
I haven't submitted since I was super young. Not worth listing the location, IMO. Besides, what am I gonna do with like 957 patches except make slayer jealous?

·
Registered
16,630 Posts
I haven't submitted since I was super young. Not worth listing the location, IMO. Besides, what am I gonna do with like 957 patches except make slayer jealous?
Sheeeet- I got prolly like 962 of dem patches.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Maybe instead of patches they should give out beanies with a propeller on top.

I see where on the western slope you get a MA for pike only if you keep/kill them. They really do have a hard-on for them. They talk about how pike are non-native but of course rainbow trout are too.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Maybe instead of patches they should give out beanies with a propeller on top.

I see where on the western slope you get a MA for pike only if you keep/kill them. They really do have a hard-on for them. They talk about how pike are non-native but of course rainbow trout are too.
The same thing applies for Smallmouth Bass as well. It is BS if you ask me. Power to the Pike!!

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
you can get a master angler award even if you release the fish..you don't have to kill em. most all of mine have been with catch and release. just have to measure em next to a ruler

·
Registered
592 Posts
MA should be for kids only. If you're an adult chasing MA glory as your lifetime accomplishment...well...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts