Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another portion of the same river... Doubtful the Coosa are this far downstream, but I couldn't help trying.

Such a beautiful river....

Didn't plan to fish much, but did HAVE to toss a few out there to see if there were any active takers.

Fished up toward the dam too... I love this tailwater in the Spring and Summer... Awesome fishing.

Here's a view from the top down... Water very green here, just like up higher in the river from the first Coosa Hunt trip

Only spent a few minutes here... Had a bunch of errands to run in town, but wanted to get out, see the waters, toss a jig along the rocks and whatnot. No fish, but it did my heart good to get out and play in nature for a bit.

enjoy the pix... You'll be seeing alot more from this location when weather warms up a bit.

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thx PD.

It is definitely pretty here... Even in Winter. 25 degrees when these pix were taken.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
It is beautiful out there!! Have you fished that spot before you moved to TN last year or did you fish there last year? Just curious how you know its amazing fishing, looks effing awesome out there

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fished it some in 2011 and 2012. Last year we fished it and caught some 10+" gills. There are a few drum in there too. Buck's PB LMB came out of that tailwater too.

Filled multiple stringers in the lake above last year as well as one or two from the river below. Lots of shellcracker and small LMBs. Still haven't found a good smallie stream yet, but I think I have one on the docket for next Sunday... Assuming it's not below zero. Last I checked, it's supposed to be -8 here Wednesday night.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts