Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

121 - 140 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
24,644 Posts
Yep there are days like that...if I find fish I am happy...there were fish in the south end I didnt move for the most part on 2 trips, I was getting bit and usually dont move unless I am catching undersized eyes cuz they usually don't mix on sizes...last weekend I wasnt finding fish on main lake structure and probably drilled close to 25 from points to inside turns to ridges to deep water flats and ravines searching...I look at my map like I fish out of my boat and target specific structure on the map rather than carpet bombing a bay and even when you do that you are drilling holes for a handful of people or a small army...its different if I go to say a lake john for a tourney and fish for trout...where I drill a hole jig a spoon catch a few fish and move 50 feet and rinse and repeat across the lake surface...

·
Registered
24,644 Posts
Oh and that was a half day at atown...left atown at 1:45 and went to creek...and caught eyes out of the hole that I expected them to show up at darkness in an area of the lake I never have iced...they came in to feed like they were supposed to...just not the size I wanted...someone said work smarter not harder...picking my spots is a big part of that...ask Ninja about the spot last year drill here and later of course no look map lol HOWDY shows up...thats the first spot to get carpet bombed now...I dont even go there...ask Dave about the phone conversation and screen shot text go here havent tried it but that spot the bottom looks like the perch videos in Senac...how many fish he has caught there...I prefer to narrow the odds before i get there...like real estate...LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION...

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
OK. 1 minute x 50 holes = almost an hour. An hour I could be fishing instead of drilling.

When chasing perch I drill a lot of holes. Sheet I seen Z drill like 3 holes all freekin day.

You dont wanna be drilling 50 holes per day by hand. You're the dumby-
SUPER SUPER THIS ^^^^^^^^

Any dumbass can drill 50 hand auger holes in a day....unless maybe they're a midget (tangler, wiggles)......but fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that. It's simply dumb if you can afford a clam plate setup. I fish with 3-4 people a lot of the time and I just pop them all two holes each in like 2 minutes and we get to fishing.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
IMO clam plate with fuel and 6/7" sharp auger is the best out there. My only thing is the cost which really isnt that bad verse how much I ice fish these days. The future of gas auger or those big electric gator Augers is bleak

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
About a month ago I did ~25 holes in about 4 hours.

It wasn't fun.

The banned member whom we shall not name has spoiled me with his Ion.

I will get myself a clam plate when I get a good drill. My brother's father-in-law is kinda a big deal with Dewalt. I just need to ask next time I'm in Cali.

·
Registered
841 Posts
I have a 5" lazer for early ice and a 10" solo chipper for later. Erapro Paris to haul; run and gun or hub shelter with heater,no problems ever. hit it and git it. Though, I never do the walleye perch thang. Pike or trout only on ice.

·
Registered
16,757 Posts
Mine goes 2-4-6 all the way to 24.

Never tried it on any less than 24.

like nate said prolly only affects the screw setting.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Pretty sure the number on the torque selector collar has no effect on operation of the drill in drilling mode.
Yes, yes it does. The number on the collar is used to decrease the amount of torque You have the Fuel with One Key. That means, you can download our AP and you can program the drill.

the first one is the Bluetooth sign for that.

Second is drill
Thrid is Hammer Drill - Dont Use that in ICE

Put it on the Drill, and turn the collar all the way.

Those numbers are for if you want to drive a screw and have it stop at certain depths / certain loads.

·
Registered
16,757 Posts
So you're saying put it in drill mode and turn torque collar to the highest?

121 - 140 of 180 Posts