Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

141 - 160 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
For wood, depending on the softness, (think pine versus hickory) a higher number will drive a screw deeper before it stops turning and starts clicking. For ice, highest is probably best.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Put the damn thing on Hammer setting and slap the **** out of that hole :biggrin1:, have to let those fish know death is coming. To heck with the smooth screw mode.

·
Registered
36 Posts
you are right bass, in Drill mode you the selector doesnt matter. That's why I manage people now and don't do the Features and Benefits of the actual selling anymore.....I'm getting old

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #153
AMAZING!!!! Started out with the drill on high, umm no need. Took a chunk out of a knuckle because that fuel has so much torque. Set it to low and man what a beast, punched a bunch of holes with ease. If it wasn't for the sustained 20+ and 40+ MPH gusts I would still be out there. This thread has been one of the best I have seen in ages, thanks to all for the input.

·
Registered
36 Posts
AMAZING!!!! Started out with the drill on high, umm no need. Took a chunk out of a knuckle because that fuel has so much torque. Set it to low and man what a beast, punched a bunch of holes with ease. If it wasn't for the sustained 20+ and 40+ MPH gusts I would still be out there. This thread has been one of the best I have seen in ages, thanks to all for the input.
good to hear Geek. Yeah, keep it on Low for more torque. Torque and speed have an inverse relationship. Low and Slow = More torque. High Speed is lower torque and better for drilling and lots of holes (think small holes in wood)

For what you guys are doing with the drill, keep it in Low. Now, its a beast and can do it in High, but it will last a ton longer in Low.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Went to GM today...12" of ice with a brand new 6" Nils. Slapped on the Fuel and it cut like butter--effortless. My boy brought his brushless DeWalt and it was smooth as well but the Fuel definitely felt better and was a tad quicker.

@jamie... Not sure if it was user error or not but the drill and the auger came apart a handful a times while drilling. Luckily the Nils can't fall through the hole.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Yeah, this thread has been great. Big thanks to all who have contributed. Made me decide to get a Fuel, just not sure if I want to pull the pin now or wait till next year so i get fresher batteries.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Blasted well over 60 holes yesterday through 8+ inches of ice with my new fuel and still have more than half a charge on the battery indicator. Best investment you can make IMO.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Blasted well over 60 holes yesterday through 8+ inches of ice with my new fuel and still have more than half a charge on the battery indicator. Best investment you can make IMO.
Your setup was definitely rockin it -- I gotta get my lazer on a drill

141 - 160 of 180 Posts