Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning a trip to Costa Rica in November. It needs to be a fishing trip and I dont care if its east or west. Looking for ideas from others that have been there. Thanks Bernie

·
Registered
386 Posts
Bernie,
I have fished Costa Rica since 1987, primarily West coast and primarily targeting sailfish. Naturally there can always be dolphin, wahoo, yellowfin as well as black and striped marlin. Most of my experience was up in Guanacaste (Flamingo) and then South at Los Suenos. I have a close friend who keeps a 58' Garlington at Los Suenos year round. I've only spent a few days on the East coast at Archie Fields place. We had a LOT of rain while I was there and fishing was marginal at best, (Target species were snook and tarpon.
If I can be of assistance drop me a PM or an e-mail and I'll try to help you out. I'm in Florida until the end of April, then back out to Hartsel, Co.
Bill

[email protected]

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
Bernie, we are in we are on an island called bocas del toro, Panama on the caribbean side with many islands, the pacific was too hot the weather here is perfect and amazing lush area with a jamaican style, water taxis pick you up at your hotel and take you anywhere you want for 3 dollars they hand line instead of poles and so far the fishing is iffy at best although we will be giving it a go tomorrow with a guy who supposedly?? is a real fisherman and knows what he's doing will update later, this place would be easy to fall in love with and stay. We fished the pacific side last week and got tuna, snapper and dorado and assorted rock fish but couldn't handle the heat there.

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
back on the pacific side at a small town called boca chica I just got a few dorado and some bottom fish today but 200- 400 pound marlin and tuna are caught here regularly and it is some of the best fishing in the world so it might take a while but I am on a mission. Isla montosa Panama is the spot. Hooked on fishing is the problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts