1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
I hope he doesn't return. We don't need that kind of salary on that age right now! Broncos are rebuilding. It would only make sense to cut ties now!

Jim

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
I hope he signs with the Chefs, Bolts or Colts...

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
Should have traded him 3 seasons ago when we could have gotten some value for him. Great guy, but sucks for him to be on such a crappy team nearing the end of his career.

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Mrwigglestheworm said:
Should have traded him 3 seasons ago when we could have gotten some value for him. Great guy, but sucks for him to be on such a crappy team nearing the end of his career.
x2

Jim

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
It's up to Denver...Champ says he wants to come back. If they can't agree on a contract, they can franchise him and trade him...for picks or a player...or keep him. Do we want to spend big money on a D back..or would we rather spend it on a D lineman..or an established guard? I'm sure that question will be asked.

Kinda depends what happens with Cox also.

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Let R Rip said:
yatahey said:
Aside from being a world class D-back, Bailey is a great open field tackler. Keep him.
X2-Most of the masses completely overlook this part of his game!
Absolutely, he is a great player. However at this time the Broncos need front 7. If you can get good value for him, you gotta take it! I don't care how good he is, w/o a strong pass rush the defense will never be good! Trade him for a pick or 2! Get rid of Orton for a couple picks. Our 6 picks could quickly become 8-10! Then begin the process of building a new D!

Jim

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
I agree with Jim about the pass rush. Look at how the Lions improved now that they've got that beast Suh. However, they showed a stat during the game that we gave up more big plays (over 20 yds) than anyone else. We need to upgrade the secondary, too.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
With the number 2 pick the Denver Broncos select DE from Clemson Da'Quan Bowers! The start to rebuilding the D!

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
I am hoping they take a wideout... :eek:

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Chris said:
With the number 2 pick the Denver Broncos select DE from Clemson Da'Quan Bowers! The start to rebuilding the D!
Possible if we're switching to a 4-3 defense. Too small for a 3-4 DE. A little big for an outside backer unless he plays with his hand in the dirt...But Dumerville already does that.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts