Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
People that do that pi$$ me off. Even if the water is private you should respect the rule. If it is a public lake and fishing is restricted (no icefishing) or not allowed, you should still follow the rule, but you should do your best to change it (petitioning, etc.). Just my two etns.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Ken Broeren said:
Can he even see the sign?
I am making a total guess here: He probably saw the sign, but I'm sure if someone talked to him he would've pled ignorance. Sadly, most of the times when someone pleads ignorance they are lying :-\

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Thats a great shot, I would have been a smart ass about it and yelled something about reading the sign.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol..it was near the beach area at Union...i was walking down to go past the dog beach to fish and i saw him. he might of started on the side where you can fish, and waded over to the restricted area without knowing it...either way, it looked so silly i couldnt help but laugh.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh yeah ken b, i forgot to say just in case you are heading out there for the first timeshore fishing is allowed, but not on the beach areas...just pay attention to the signs, its easy enough to figure out. the north shore is a wildlife refuge, so no access is allowed there either...but its muddy and the water is up so you cant wade there anyways.

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Hey Rottal,

What were the times that you were fishing? I've got these neat little tiny 3/4 inch hair jigs that are normally used for crappie fishing that I'd like to try out. I have:

- chartreuse

- red-bodied, yellow tailed one with yellow jig head

- dark brown

Which of these would you recommend?

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I fished in the evening...gave the water time to warm up some throughout the day, but im not sure how important that is now that its warmer outside. i had good luck with white yesterday and today, with red dumb bell eyes. i suggested to someone else that a soft plastic bait, fished without weight might be a good choice. fish it fairly slow, it would be my bait of choice right now with spinning gear. another might be a small nuetral bouyant rainbow trout rapala..one of those 2 inch ones. ive caught alot of wipers with that too. keep you rod tip high and use a erratic jerk type retrieve. if you only have the color jigs you listed try the chartruese one...and let me know how you did...im sure youll catch something...

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Thanks, buddy.

I've also got the smallest husky jerks that they make in a light purple-ish glass color that may be worth trying.

I've also got this kind of neutral colored Yo Zuri Aile Goby lure that might have a chance. I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the tips. Your pictures on the "reports" part of the forum look great.

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
hmmm, that picture brings to mind our discussions about fishing etiquette. Whether he got there by accident or not its guys like that who give the rest of us a bad name.

Dan

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
I'm sure it was an accident, I dont think the fishing is any better 3 ft on that side of the sign. If he was doing it on purpose he'd probably be farther into the no fishing side.

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
ePiC said:
I'm sure it was an accident, I dont think the fishing is any better 3 ft on that side of the sign.  If he was doing it on purpose he'd probably be farther into the no fishing side.
I agree. That could've easily been a mistake. Or he could have been on his way back from the middle of that "no fishing" zone. We will never know.

I once hunted the Platt river trying to jumpshoot ducks while wading through the river. When I was coming back to the blind, I decided to walk the bank and then I ran into the back of the "No Tresspassing" sign.

Kinda scary if you know what I mean........ Hunting... Within the boundaries of private property... Of maybe some angry drunken landowner who just finished arguing with his wife and the IRS.......

1 - 14 of 14 Posts