Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Those sunnies are MASSIVE! At first I was thinking how weird the crappies looked.

·
Registered
16,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Big reddear went 2.49lbs.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Hey Slayer thanks for this post, I'm moving to AZ in the fall and I wasn't happy about it!
Seeing this makes me feel better, well done Sir!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Nice Catches!
Since this is outside everyones normal range, is it kosher to ask what pond the walleye came from in AZ?

·
P I K E
10,232 Posts
Nice Catches!
Since this is outside everyones normal range, is it kosher to ask what pond the walleye came from in AZ?
Not Colorado Greg. Yes not kosher unless it is in a PM if they want to answer back.

·
Registered
16,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice Catches!
Actually I will be a hot-spotter. Its called Lyman Lake and its so full of Mercury you cannot eat the walleyes- I had filleted the 1st one b4 we saw the big red signs-

·
Registered
112 Posts
Great catch! Lyman is definitely not a lake you want to eat fish out of. But Fool Hollow has big walleyes too! Spent the last 2 weeks in AZ chasing stripers and mainly only catching yellow bass.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hey Slayer thanks for this post, I'm moving to AZ in the fall and I wasn't happy about it!
Seeing this makes me feel better, well done Sir!
I split time between CO and AZ and let me tell you, AZ is underrated for fishing! There are giant LMB, Stripers, Catfish, Crappie and Yellow bass in those lakes and rivers. And if you go into the mountains there are large trout in streams like Silver Creek. I get the fact that summer can be and often is very hot but the evenings are only 105 degrees! LOL

·
Registered
603 Posts
Thanks kleomuttdog, I wasn't too happy about the move at first but I'm feeling lot's better when I saw this post and your post helps a lot! My bud lives and Arcadia, trust me I know about the heat...LOL Stripers, now that makes me happy!😁

·
Registered
112 Posts
Thanks kleomuttdog, I wasn't too happy about the move at first but I'm feeling lot's better when I saw this post and your post helps a lot! My bud lives and Arcadia, trust me I know about the heat...LOL Stripers, now that makes me happy!😁
Check out my videos of me chasing yellow bass and stripers at Saguaro Lake and Lake Pleasant. You'll see that it's actually very pretty.

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
nice mike! haven't seen sunfish like that since i was a boy (early 60's) fishin' the blackwater of the withlacahootche river in fla. with a cane pole and bobber!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts