Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nothing big just a lot of fun....

me doing my best elmer fudd impersonation!!!

my cousin Jeremy (Irishman) with a fish he robbed from dowdy!

Our limit of litte rainbows that tasted great with some lemon pepper and of course...Beer!!!

·
Registered
863 Posts
very nice pics you didnt happen to get those rods and reels at BPS i like the look of those i seen em there the other day obviously you did well with them

·
Registered
943 Posts
nice pics fg .we will have to go one of these days. ;D

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea we got them at BPS they work well on smaller fish but the rods are really soft getting a good hookset on bigger fish would probably be pretty tough.  For my first ice rod its ok but I'm ready for something a little more powerful to help me land some big fish.  Maybe an ugly stick they seem to have the backbone that would be needed to set the hook on bigger fish.    

·
Registered
16,684 Posts
Good job,FG! We'll hafta try 11-mile ona these days. Test those BPS rods! ;D

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hahaha...Honestly slayer I'm not sure how they would handle those bigger fish. I'll be buying a new rod tonight and just put my pflueger trion reel on it. If I didn't have a son on the way I'd be up there this weekend

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
buy a st croix ice rod or a lightning rod if you can find em, i'e had good luck with both of these, you have to tape your reel on but i actually like that better than the slip on ones, just dont be afraid to use a lot of electrical tape to firm it up, if you get a big fish and you don't have a lot of tape on the reel you will actually feel the reel trying to pull off, they make some good rods witha good feel to em.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts