Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A lot of you know that Raccon City is one of my favorite waters. It can be bruttaly hot out there, and The fishing can be really tough (for anything other than small Bass, and hammerhandle Northerns), and the crowd... ::). Still... I love that place.

Members like Muskieman (and his cousin Eric {diesledoctor?}, Jerkbait, Mattsabasser, Jamie Hughes, JWurgaft, Catfishking, Kokanneeking, marledge, Hogmaster, Longdraw, Used2bTwistertail, and Jimitrix own out there. I'm still working on it.. ;)

The upper lake provides one of the only places around to target Northern Pike. It also has lots of small, but fat Bass, and some absoulute Monsters. It also has Bluegill. The lower lake, can be fast action for small to average sized Bass, and a few Giants. Lots of Crappie, and there are some really nice ones in there. Bluegill, Perch, and Catfish that love to fight.

Anyway, my reports will be somewhat jumbled for awhile (just got a new computer after being w/out one for a few months) So I'm just going to post some pictures from 2 of my my last RC trips. One w/ JWurgaft (a ton of Bass were caught, but no real big ones. Some Northern Pike, plus some nice Cats, and a few Crappie) Another w/ my family, where we ran into Matt/marledge (always nice fishing w/ you), and George/Hogmaster (great meeting you). Caught some Northerns. The Bassing was slow, so after catching a few, had a blast catching a ton of Crappie

Targeted upper lake Bass (dinks) w/ the long rod (for practice and kicks)

Caught some Pike

Moved to the lower lake (right next to the Umbrella Corporation, and caught a ton of fish (but a lot of em were this size..)

Before I start pics from the next trip, I want you all to know that the only thing louder than a 2 year old boy, is a 5 year old girl.... Loud isin't good while fishing ;D Was a great day with the family :)

He's opptimistic :D

Lower Lake--

Real nice running into Matt-marledge, and meeting George-Hogmaster

You hold Daddy's fish, I'll hold the next one Hogmaster catches..

well . . . nice until Isabella acted like she hadn't seen a decent Bass all day (she hadn't :() until George showed up :-[

BOTTOM FEEDER and I slipped a trip in before the season ended. We went more for quality then for quanity.. ;) I'll post a report from that trip later...

Until then . . .
]

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
James said:

Snapshot to be saved for a lifetime. This one's gonna tug at your heartstrings every time you look back on it. Precious memories. (Take it from the dad of a college freshman.)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts