Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
You might want to calm down a bit and think logically.

First, its not just putting on a mask. It is everything that has gone along with it (including crippling what was a raging economy).

Second, read the mask orders from places like Jefferson County/Tri County. It requires wearing a mask, even if outside, if you are around people who are not part of your household. So yes, that has a dramatic effect on most peoples life if they follow the regulation.

77 and lung problems is high risk. But you wearing anything less than a N95 mask will not protect you from contracting COVID. And what do you mean by your statement about walking up to you without a mask and being in for a surprise. Because to me, that means you are threatening violence. Which, with you being a 77 year old with bad lungs, likely could mean a trip to the hospital for you. And/or a trip to jail. Neither of which are a place you want to be in general, but especially if you have a phobia of COVID.

Finally, 137,000 deaths. First, that statistic is overstated, as if someone had COVID along with a heart attack/stroke, car accident........ Do you know how that death is recorded? COVID.

And even if that wasn't the case, 137,000 deaths in a US population of 330,000,000 is, overall, pretty insignificant.

Turn off the TV. Do some research for yourself. Practice critical thinking. You are almost certainly going to be ok.
Bionic man, you are an ignorant ass. Best of luck to you.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I get it if you don't want to wear a mask because you're not worried about yourself getting infected. As soon as you are going to potentially infect someone else, though, you're infringing on their rights. I don't think I could live with it if I infected someone and it cost them their life. I think putting on a mask is a small price to pay for that piece of mind.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I get it if you don't want to wear a mask because you're not worried about yourself getting infected. As soon as you are going to potentially infect someone else, though, you're infringing on their rights. I don't think I could live with it if I infected someone and it cost them their life. I think putting on a mask is a small price to pay for that piece of mind.
You can't reason with the unreasonable most of the time, though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Right. Masks don’t protect the wearer. They help prevent transmission by asymptomatic folks who don’t know they have the virus.

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
Chaffee County jumped from 87 to 123 in one day. In two more days, it's now at 210 cases. Nobody is wearing a mask except in City Market because they won't let you in without one. Nobody gives a crap. Stupid people.

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
DAMN IT!!!! I told everybody in this building to keep a safe distance and wear a mask. Nobody would do it. Now someone in this building has covid19. I'm so damn mad I can hardly write this. This building will turn into a morgue now. I told the manager to enforce mask rules and she wouldn't listen. Now everybody has to wear a mask. I better not see anybody not wearing one.

Some kind of stupid law says they can't tell us who has the virus. So, we don't know who to avoid but they want all of us to self quarantine. Bastards!

Sorry, but I had to vent to someone.

·
Registered
553 Posts
This topic is never ending. It all comes down to politics more then common sense. This is why I keep to my self most of the time and don't like being chatty when i go fishing. I have always liked faceshields when I fish because it keeps me from burning my face and just looks cool. At work, we have to wear them because I work in national security and have no choice but to be at work and it is a requirement to wear them. I have no problem. :)

Pete i hope you're getting out and doing some fly fishing..

·
P I K E
10,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
WELCOME TO THE 21st CENTURY RESET!!!

21 - 31 of 31 Posts