Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Camped overnight Friday at Lake Meredith near Ordway. Shore fished Meredith and Henry on Saturday. Caught 2 15" wipers on a Panther Martin silver bladed, green bodied 1/4 oz lure, Smell of cow manure heavy in the air, made me willing to return all fish I caught, as it seems lime both of these lakes must have a lot of run off from the cattle ranges around them. A bit breezy on Saturday, about 87 degrees. Can now check both of these places off my Colorado fishing spots that I hadn't been to. Took a few pictures of a piper guarding her nest of 4 eggs, then dude with a boat trailer ran right over them. He had to have seen her, since he walked by her to get to his truck 10 yards away, and she was screeching. Asked him if he knew he ran over the nest, and he said "It's just a f*****g bird." Gotta love true sportsmen. I hunt, but I respect wildlife. Anyway, I've heard that good size wipers come out of these 2 smallish lakes, I just didn't catch them.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bigger isn't safer, PFD always.
I didn't trust the PFDs that my friend had, so that's why I didn't get on his inflatable boat. I really should buy my own PFD for when I do go on a friend's or a rented boat, so I don't have to trust what's handed to me. I'm not saying it's safer, but I'd prefer to be on the decking of a 20' pontoon boat than an inflatable raft.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts