Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone has been so helpful with the Archery Mule Deer Topic that I thought I would go ahead and ask about Colorado coyote hunting. I was thinking that some of the big ranches would be more than happy to let people hunt coyotes on them? If not, which would be better...the plains or the mountains?

·
Registered
838 Posts
Can't really go wrong with either -- they are everywhere. Though I have heard that mange is rampant in some of the areas out east -- so wear latex if you are gonna handle them.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
You'd have to check at the Rec club on Ft. Carson, but I have seen 3 or 4 different packs of Coyotes on my way to work or home from work on Ft. Carson. One pack has a couple in there that have to be over 60lbs they are huge.

L

·
0 Posts
When I was in high school, farmers just outside of Denver were happy to let you shoot 'yotes and p. dogs. Not anymore in my experience. So many people in Denver now, you really have to go a ways from Denver to find farmers and ranchers willing to let you shoot. If you find someone with land and willing to let you hunt, treat him right because you may not find someone else that'll let you hunt.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
haf2fish said:
I didn't know they still let civilians hunt and fish on base. I use to fish there alot and caught a 6+ out of one of the ponds.
Yup I fish there all the time and know a couple people that hunt there that are civillians.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts