Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I would let folks know I will be at the North boat ramp FRI am trying to outfox the shad eatin' rainbows! all are welcome. Also let me know if there's any new info out there to improve my chances. Also I hope to try for walleyes at a later date so any info on where to try at chatfield, what to use and what is the best time would be greatly appreciated! THX!

·
Registered
863 Posts
awesome cpt hook i will try and see if I cant get out there on fri and fish with ya for a few hours....also Dan is a good person to talk to about chatfield I think he knows quite a bit about the place drop him a pm for info!

·
Registered
374 Posts
i would hit the end of the lake for trout at chat.we were hittin em pretty hard last weekend down there.park at fox run and walk in across the lake toward the river.road bed for walleyes.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Hi all,just discovered this web site and I love it! On 12/19 a bud and I fished Chat. swim beach, about 100yds out. It was slow but we saw a bunch on our vex's. My bud got 1 fat 15" bow on a 1.5in white tube but most of them had lockjaw. I put my cam. down the hole next to my pink paddle bug and was admiring how it looked while jigging it when 3 nice bows rushed it and turned away at the last second. Talked to an old timer who said that we were not out far enough and we should go out another 100yd.s and use minnows. Hope this helps.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
pitbull you are everywhere on this website you must know how to type. I'm old school trying to keep upwith my index finger pushing all the keys!! I'm glad you may show up Fri. I got to help you catch some fish Less typing and more fishing. I bet you find this reply. See Ya!

·
Registered
633 Posts
Friday at Chatfield sounds good to me too! Can't make it at 6:00 but will try to get out there as soon as I can. The lake has been pretty stingy (sp?) with it's 'eyes this year. Haven't heard of many being caught...yet! It may get better as the shad thin out. The pits in the "no wake" zone (south end) are the most consistent producers for eyes using spoons or swimming lures at twilight periods. Set up on the edge of the pits and drill plenty of holes to intercept fish as they come onto/off the shallow flats. Keep moving until you hook a fish and then fish holes close by before the frenzy is over. Hope to see you Friday! Looney.

·
Registered
863 Posts
cptHook said:
pitbull you are everywhere on this website you must know how to type. I'm old school trying to keep upwith my index finger pushing all the keys!! I'm glad you may show up Fri. I got to help you catch some fish Less typing and more fishing. I bet you find this reply. See Ya!
oh but of course!!!lol I love this site I cant get enough of it...my woman says I am developing a addiction I say am developing a passion...besides you can never have to much fishing info and knowledge

·
Registered
459 Posts
I'm a little scared about the ice thickness on Chatfield after this weeks warm weather.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts