Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Elkhead...it wouldnt let me fix the title...

Ed Gardunio on Wickstrom's radio show May 14th on Crawford and Ridgeway about 17 minutes long. They don't start automatically u have to click play...

http://www.1043thefan.com/2016/05/14/eric-gardunio-terry-wickstrom-outdoors/

And the western slopes personal favorite Sherm Hebein on endangered species and Elkhead Reservoir about 13 minutes long...unfortunately Sherm got cut short.

http://www.1043thefan.com/2016/05/14/sherm-hebein-terry-wickstrom-outdoors/

·
Registered
427 Posts
Just finished listening to both segments, thanks Zman. Having some background knowledge on the current/future management plan at both bodies of water, I believe their message was vague to those uneducated on the topic. They obviously want to reduce pike and smallie numbers, but to what? How do they know they had 27% escapement at Elkhead?

Thinning out as many juvenile fish through harvest as possible and protecting/promoting trophy fisheries is what my family wants. Who are the people they keep mentioning that only want trout and dinks?

I know it's about funding and pressure from the feds to a point. Share the details, help us to understand the big picture. Not telling me the cure for cancer is hidden in native fish:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I listened to this **** show yesterday and as with most CPW interviews or meetings I was left with more questions then before.

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Reaffirming why I'll just give Nebraska, Wyoming and Kansas my hard earned money if I want quality fish. The CPW gives no **** about potential... Just about appeasing our corrupt ass govt.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
wow CPW poster child! no hard questions about Rifle! come and kill the fish, squaw fish may have the cure for cancer WTF, hard to listen to that propaganda. People buy it though, ran into a guy from Rifle this weekend at Powell, totally bought into Tripiod walleye stuff, no idea they were going to net and kill.

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bobco...this coming weekend is Director softball question weekend on the show so we shall see...it did remind me of the Star Trek movie where they had to go back in time and get a whale to keep the alien probe from destroying the earth...

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
This evening I noticed posters plastered on every sign and building at Rifle Gap for this so called "tournament" they're having at Ridgeway and Elkhead. It won't be long and I'm sure they'll be having one at Rifle and Harvey I'm sure!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts