Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chatfield closed + West boat ramp closed = INSANITY!!!!

Fished this morning and all I can say is if you need a crack fix, get on and off early! Place was a frincken zoo (especially for a Wednesday), especially around the East boat ramp! :eek:

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Met up with Z at Creek this morning. Started out with a 17 inch eye..and z picked up a 14er..and then a whole lot of Oscar Meyers..moved a lot ...an Oscar here...a Meyer there..several runs of multiple Oscar Meyers..

Was great getting out on the lake with Z..had a fun time..

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Yeah the day before with Donald was much better we got keepers and every fish but two as Hobie said damn near fit on a hot dog bun...and I know for the most part if you arent getting the right size you need to move...we moved non stop as my sonar trails can atest...gonna try the after noon bite today I think...the morning bite has been atrocious...it has been fun this week with Tom, Kevin, Donald and Hobie...may take a break today unless I hear from Tom and maybe Looney tomorrow if he isnt land tuna angling...the hot dogs even bit lipless cranks damn near their size...was hoping for a trip east this week but have inlaws in today...as Grababrewski texted me already this morning...whats the difference between inlaws and outlaws?...outlaws are wanted!!!...bwahahahahahahha...actually I have zero complainrs with mine...fun loving people...

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
For the life of me I dont get the west ramp closed...um put the dock back in the water on the west ramp and bring some of the inspectors over from chatty to help with the increased boat traffic on creek...it aint rocket surgery...

·
Registered
433 Posts
Was pretty nice this morning, then the front came stomping in, clouded over and was pretty brisk wind. Both eyes felt like keepers but only 17's Now see the weather people lied about todays high, and winds

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Cracked

Jef and I got there at 7 this morning
Turned out nice and cool, not crowded at all.
1 20"er out of a dozen or so shorties.
Time to head North, Finally!!

Roxy

·
Registered
433 Posts
I launched at 5:55, Looks like Roxy agrees, nice fish. I left around 9, think I was loaded and just pulling out when you were, or another pontoon was loading.

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Hobie...

Tom and I hit a different spot for a few hours in the afternoon...no hot dogs...we got 26 with all over 16 inches...two at 18 and a couple over 19...what a difference 24 makes...was deeper...tipped jigs...

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Hobie...

Tom and I hit a different spot for a few hours in the afternoon...no hot dogs...we got 26 with all over 16 inches...two at 18 and a couple over 19...what a difference 24 makes...was deeper...tipped jigs...

Nice Mark..sounds like a great day..

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well?-----
Fishing was slower than it has been, I think the water rising 4ft in the past week had something to do with it. Ended up with a dozen walleyes, 4 keepers, including my largest ever @ Creek, a hair under 28in. 2 crappie and 5 stocker trout. 1st trout I've caught there all year

28incher, wonder what chewed up its tail.

A tiny double.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Mark, I had fun fishing with you even though it was during the entire afternoon lull. Oh well, my own fault for such a limited schedule. Looking forward to getting my revenge on the little bastards fckryanoutloud!

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Well, had to bite the bullet and make the drive across town (68 m. rt) to the CRACK. Went to an 'old' spot of mine... 2 Eyes less than 12"es... Moved up a bit shallower and got 8-9 more... 1 over.. Nice FAT fish...
As I was leaving, Two Guys in a MONSTER sailboat cut in front of Me at the ramp, loading in..... Their right trailer wheel almost fell off... it was hanging at a 45 degree angle... The whole rig blocked most of the N. ramp area... SO... what'd they do? Block up the trailer wheels and attempt to fix it. What a cluster F--K !! .... Luckily, I was able to maneuver around that mess, load up and head home....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts