Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
6,685 Posts
Just get out and start throwing them!! Once you catch a few you will start to get your confidence built up... Once your confidence is up you will use them more and catch more fish.

There are so many types and brands for different situations... i have had the best luck on deep divers... But then again I caught a couple on deep divers so i gained confidence and now use those the most...

Try all types of retrieves... Slow, fast, jerking, pausing, and combinations of all the above.... You really never know what kinda retrieve they want until you get out there and start trying stuff!!

I would suggest taking a trip to a place that holds the type of fish you want to target..... ONLY bring cranks/jerks(Mayve some shallow running and some deeper running so you can cover more of the water column.).. Dont bring the good ole go to lure that you default to when you arent catching. Commit to using the cranks/jerks the entire trip regardless.

· Registered
6,685 Posts
I tried a couple different crank/swimbaits last night.

Nothing.

Can anyone suggest like one or two exact lures to look for? I am headed to Discount Tackle in a couple of minutes and will look at some.
Quite a bit more info would be needed about where you plan to fish before a specific lure can be suggested. (Depth, water color, Your rod/reel setup, water temp, ect)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.