Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

· Registered
1,863 Posts
I deserve that but still why Google something when I can ask my new friends!

I will try one. Any particular pattern? Do they float? Sink? Any particular size? Let's say I am going after bass tomorrow at a city pond, what are your recommendations?
The KVD square bills are good, they float but dive down a few feet. I don't know the size of mine but they are about 3 inches. For a city pond I would fish a bluegill colored crank

· Registered
2,388 Posts
You can't go wrong with xraps. Get some in different sizes and various colors. One of the best ways to learn is trial and error. You can't go wrong just starting out with a constant retrieve. Try fast, slow and everything in between. Then try a twitch every so often while you retrieve. Then try stopping the lure and letting it suspend for a couple seconds, and then reel again. Try incorporating these techniques as well. See where this is going. There are all sorts of techniques to use. Don't let it intimidate you though. Sometimes the overwhelming amount of info can prevent you from realizing what's really important- just get out there and give it a shot. People like to complicate things, often unnecessarily.

· Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
You can't go wrong with xraps. Get some in different sizes and various colors. One of the best ways to learn is trial and error. You can't go wrong just starting out with a constant retrieve. Try fast, slow and everything in between. Then try a twitch every so often while you retrieve. Then try stopping the lure and letting it suspend for a couple seconds, and then reel again. Try incorporating these techniques as well. See where this is going. There are all sorts of techniques to use. Don't let it intimidate you though. Sometimes the overwhelming amount of info can prevent you from realizing what's really important- just get out there and give it a shot. People like to complicate things, often unnecessarily.
I have been doing this, still no luck on these types of lures. Going out tomorrow to try again.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.