Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished those ponds in Fr. Collins by Old Cabin rd and Riverbend today. Caught tons of small crappie.

This was the only fish of any size I caught......I did hook into a carp or large bass but it broke off before I could get a look...

Bass a still in the spawn......I have not had much luck getting those aggressive males to bite...

Pondfisher

·
Registered
92 Posts
If tou are looking for a fun time catching crappie (some big ones but mostly small ones) try city park lake in FT collins. Fish of the docks. They are EVERYWHERE!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I was fishing near there today. I was just dinking around with a bobber and worms and caught several crappie and blue gill.

·
Registered
92 Posts
The best rig i have used has been a small (1 inch) red and white tube under a bobber and tipped with a small piece of nightcrawler. O0

·
Registered
49 Posts
I keep reading about Crappie in 'Wash Park' lakes in Denver (not on this forum), but haven't seen anyone fishing there, and don't know anyone who has. Does anyone know if they have fish in them?

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
The only people I see fishing the big lake at Wash Park are little old grannies or grampa's or little kids. I've never seen a fish in there and I've never seen one caught out of there. That being said, I know they are out there, but I wouldn't go there as a destination. I usually only fish it when I take my kids to the playground nearby.

M

·
0 Posts
tangledleader said:
I keep reading about Crappie in 'Wash Park' lakes in Denver (not on this forum), but haven't seen anyone fishing there, and don't know anyone who has. Does anyone know if they have fish in them?
The Wash Park lakes have fish in them. They also have great crayfish forage as well. They usually stock the lakes with rainbows, there are perch, crappie, catfish, and some bass. A few years ago, they drained the south lake for repairs and moved all the fish in that lake over to the big north lake. Once they finished the repairs, they re-stocked the south lake.

I've seen a lot of rainbows harvested and there was a report recently on this forum of someone that caught a perch that qualifies for a Master Angler Award.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
I've seen some folks catch some crappie by the boat house...not much size to them though.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
Pondfisher said:
......I did hook into a carp or large bass but it broke off before I could get a look...

Pondfisher
well then it was definatly a bass

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yea, this is more of a consilation then a destination. Just tryin to find a place where I might actually have a chance to catch something while I practice my casting.

·
Registered
23 Posts
My Friend and I went to Washington Park two weeks ago. We caught a few small crappies on the east side of boat house by the only true rock pile in the North Lake. We were using live minnows on a crappie rig about 12 feet out from the shoreline. We also caught two small bass. It was my first time fishing there and I almost felt like I was at the kiddie pond--but the fishing was more challenging.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts