Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you need a boat to be successful on Boyd Lake? Where is Boyd lake, is it near Highlands Ranch?

·
Registered
217 Posts
North of there approx. 70 or so miles in Loveland. I think they are getting them from boats. I don't know where they are getting crappie in the metro area. Maybe Cherry Creek?

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I went to this little pond this morning and caught nine 4-7 inch crappie, but I was hoping sombody would know a place in the metro area to catch some nice slabs.

·
Registered
149 Posts
there is a small pond on the south side of cherry creek res. you can get to it by going down bellview and it is on the left hand side. You can park on the side of the road and walk. I havent been there for a few years, but when i was there last i catch one on just about every cast. I have even pulled out a few smallies. I am not sure if it has a name, but i call it confidence pond, because thats where i would go to build my confidence before i hit the bigger lakes.

Hope this helps
-D-

·
Registered
149 Posts
Try Navajo reservoir. Launch at Arboles marina and go to the breakwater tires. Went last weekend and couldn't keep the crappie off a skirted chartreuse grub whith a white jighead. All in all between me and two others in the boat . We probably caught 100 crappie the biggest being a 14 inch slab. I have pics but I still can't figure out how to post.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
dmadis8 said:
there is a small pond on the south side of cherry creek res.  you can get to it by going down bellview and it is on the left hand side.  You can park on the side of the road and walk.  I havent been there for a few years, but when i was there last i catch one on just about every cast.  I have even pulled out a few smallies.  I am not sure if it has a name, but i call it confidence pond, because thats where i would go to build my confidence before i hit the bigger lakes. 

Hope this helps
-D-

I grew up really close to that one and I didn't know there were any fish in there!

·
Registered
149 Posts
i grew up in sundance hills, and would go downt there everyday in the summer and when i came home from college. We would use a red and white small tube jig on the smallest jig head we could find, underneith a small bobber. It was a lot of fun, but like i said i havent been there in a few years so i dont know how the fishing is

T

·
0 Posts
silicone boy said:
tb,

you look a lot younger than I thought you were. really nice healthy crappie. Locally caught?
:D ;D ;)

Yes, they are HEALTHY! Colorado Crappies!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts